VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm running that turbo with the .81 AR housing. I chose that to try to soften the midrange torque spike when boost comes on for the engine and trans. Peark tq is around 4300. IIRC 500ish whp for me is ~17 psi but different cams and intake manifold. I'd definitely recommend doing whatever you can for heat management. Ceramic coating/heat wrap/turbo blanket/low temp tstat and fan switch if thats an option.

Don't forget spark plugs I don't think you mentioned that. I'm running DCPR9EIX. OEM coilpacks are fine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry I misread and thought you were going to be running the OEM plastic manifold. Yes just a different brand of SRI and running 268/272 cams as opposed to 264/260.

I went with a PTP blanket and haven't had any issues with it yet after ~3 years but the car isn't driven that often.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's a great graph. That's honestly perfect for what i'm shooting for.. shows nearly 600chp, and 440-460whp if i'm reading it correctly. which is plenty for me. Where did you dig that up from? I've searched high and low and havnt come across that dyno yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's my graph (I posted earlier) but you're reading it incorrectly. The Avg HP is the average across the pull. 600 is whp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts