VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Here are the numbers I made with almost the exact same parts you want to run and a .68AR. The only real difference is I'm running stock cams..

The gauge on the dyno was low by 3psi. The maxes should be 14psi and 21psi. The numbers are also FWD since I'm still a GTI.

Here is Stock manifold vs SRI, there isn't much of a difference. The main thing was probably the several months between dynos.

·
Registered
668 Posts
In my first post, your post was exactly the one i was referring to, with that 420whp number on stock manifold. Thanks so much for posting this here. Do you feel like the .68ar housing was perfect for this motor? did it feel like maybe it could have been pushed up the band more? I know you weren't using an 02M tranny but a similar 6 speed. Really curious how much of a difference those two make in terms of feel on the street. At least now i've got a couple guys in this thread alone that have run both.

Not much of a difference between the manifolds, but regardless gunna go with the SRI, love the layout of the plumbing as well vs. the stock manifold.

All this leads me to believe i should fall somewhere right in that 450-500whp number with this setup, and that's perfect for me thanks so much for your help, truly appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, Nice! You said MK3 so I didn't know you were talking about me. Mine is a MK4 that is a AWD swap away from being a R32.
The trans is still an 02M, the R32 is an 02M GQV where mine is the 02M FZR. It just a different bell housing because of the transfer case mounting and different gear ratios.

I can't speak to much on the AR. I haven't ridden in any other comparable turbo cars or seen any dynos from a 6266 .81. If you're worried about the trans go bigger. You can always by a 68 housing later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts