VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Awesome to see you back on the road, so great!!

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks man! Me too.. was pretty deflating to have to go through, but like I said lesson learned.. car is running so strong.. can’t wait to enjoy it for a full season next year. I have a video my friend took as I pulled out from his shop, do you or anyone else know if loading it to YouTube and sharing the link is the only way to post it on the forums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
should be a spicy unit when finished
She’s finished now! Basically the only question left is just how close it is to the fueling limit.. so next spring I’ll get it on the Dyno, check fuel pump and injector duty cycle on high boost (19psi) and make sure I’m not pushing the fueling too far.. I think it might have enough room for another couple of pounds but to be honest I don’t think I’d even bother… on 19 pounds this thing rips pretty hard.. I imagine it’s somewhat close to 500 at the wheels up there.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Looking good! Glad she is back and better than ever.

Thanks man! So glad as well.. she’s in her best form right now! Haha I’m enjoying following your car along for its ride!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·

Quick little 2nd gear pull, didn’t wring it out, probably hit 8-10psi here before shifting. Wastegate is routed back into the exhaust!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Working on securing a date at ACI dynamix in CT to get the car on the dyno in May..

Dyno is an AWD mustang dyno, so numbers will likely read a little lower than some others from what I’ve seen, although I’m not really worried about what they say, it’s more to make sure that on high boost (18.5-19psi) we have plenty of fuel being supplied.. AFR reads 11-11.5 on that setting during a pull so it seems solid.

But my best guesses:

13.5-14psi / 410-430awhp

18.5-19psi / 460-480awhp

Turbo really isn’t even working hard at that pressure! Also hoping the trans stays happy and I can drive it home after

·
Registered
202 Posts
3rd gear went out on me at 17psi. Transmission had 85k on it but looked really worn when I tore it down. Slip in the bushings for the shift forks, etc.

I think it was an abused child with a previous owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
3rd gear went out on me at 17psi. Transmission had 85k on it but looked really worn when I tore it down. Slip in the bushings for the shift forks, etc.

I think it was an abused child with a previous owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Man that sucks.. 115k on mine, I know the previous owner was really good to it, and so have I but you just never know.. hoping it stays in one piece! MQ500 or bust if she spills the beans haha

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Well, here’s the dyno report!

Cold temps in CT provided ideal dyno conditions at ACI Dynamix on their AWD mustang dyno. Once we got the car cross strapped and tires warm on the dyno, we did the first pull on low boost, ~14psi.. All dyno numbers are uncorrected. The graph below is with correction factor so the numbers are inflated, he said those would be more like Dynojet numbers.

Car made 430awhp / 375awtq @ 14psi

AFR and fuel all looked good, so we let her eat on high.. ~19psi

Car made 512awhp / 455awtq @ 19psi

Super happy with the results, and it performed far past my expectations. Had such a blast with a few friends down there and Nick was an absolute riot and gracious host. Can’t wait to meet up again!

I have a video I’ll try to come back and embed!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
What turbo are you running again? When were they giving it the beans rpm wise? 3rd or 4th gear pulls?

Gen2 precision 6266

He did 4th hear pulls only, and you can see once he hits the log button he steps on it.. starts at low rpm like 2k and just gives it the beans, the graph shows you where the power starts ramping up.. hits full torque at 4800rpm

181 - 194 of 194 Posts