VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I decided to rebuild my T3 60trim, dont have the $$ to get super60. Does anybody know the place where I can get rebuild kit for it?
Thanx.

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
Re: Turbo Rebuild Kits (2.0L8VBoy)

Quote, originally posted by 2.0L8VBoy »
OK. I decided to rebuild my T3 60trim, dont have the $$ to get super60. Does anybody know the place where I can get rebuild kit for it?
Thanx.

dre how about rui? he did do the install right? he may be able to get it for you. i have to get up there and get a quote on some pricing
if not them try momentum
they did my girls t3 60 trim in her golf they may have a rebuild kit for you if you need to i can go by there and pick it up they are in the center of ct. but i am always near there all the time and i like to see what they are hacking up this time

btw its jays vdub if you hadnt noticed LOL

Modified by quick_huh at 6:27 AM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (BoostedOne)

BoostedOne: So I can use a rebuild kit from Turbo T-Bird? Is that what you saing?
quick_huh: Yeah rui did the install, but the turbo blew it seals due to too much oil pressure. I got a quote from killa super60 is $400 and 60 is $350 it's the best prices you can get anywhere (I checked) but unfortunately I dont have any money to get those.
P.S. Anybody knows where I can get oil resticters? So it wont happen again.

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
Re: (2.0L8VBoy)

well dre if momentum can get it and you dont have a ride out there i am more than willing to stop by and grab it for you if needed

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Turbo Rebuild Kits (2.0L8VBoy)

So, will Turbocharger Rebuild Kit made for Turbo T-Bird be fine for my T3?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Yeah, one for a turbo T bird should fit..
The only real difference in the T3 kit is wiheter you have a carbon or a dynamic seal. I dont know where you got your turbo from, but if it started life as an OEM turbo off something, its most likely a carbon seal.
Best thing to do, especiallyif you have a turbo shop in town is to tear it all apart, then take the turbo into the shop and have them mic the shaft and the bearing bores. That way if you need a slightly oversize bearing, you wont find out about it the hard way.
Also, the exhaust seal is a piston ring seal, and they routinely wear out the place where the ring sits on the housing. One, that might be whats wrong with yours, as noone I know has ever used restrictors and none of us ever had a problem with blowing out seals. Second, if it is worn out, you can buy a reman center housing for about 30-35 bux, or a new one for 45. As long as your shaft is straight and not scored, you will go back with standard bearings and be good as new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts