VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had this thing rebuilt. Can anyone let me know what this one washer is doing behind the plate here? Seems like it's not allowing the plate to compress along the housing but I'm no turbo expert. Is this going to seal properly? Was this guy high?

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ask the guy who rebuilt the turbo. maybe there is a good reason for it to be there? why? no clue, but maybe.
I was planning on installing this thing over the weekend and noticed it there after business hours. They are closed until Monday and I'm not sure whether or not that there will affect anything negatively. Would hate to pull this thing again if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This picture clearly shows why it's there. That piece doesn't sit flush so it looks like it's required.
With the washer in there it's preventing the plate from contacting and compressing the cast turbo centre section 3/4 of the way down. You can clearly see the space between the centre section and that plate on only that part of the turbo. It doesn't look like this on any of the other bolted areas, and they are aswell slightly 'off' and not flush either, the plates just sit on a slight angle all the way around apart from here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts