VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i don't know alot about the engine modifications possible with the 1.8T, but i have a question.
i have heard you can upgrade to an Audi TT turbo, which i was told is larger than the GTI's turbo and still be covered under warranty. is this possible?
and/or is there any other engine modification which is warranty safe?
i'd like to start work on the car, but i cannot afford to void anything.
ps: i apologize for my ignorance.

· Registered
548 Posts
Re: Turbo. (Mass922)

As far as i know this modification would not be covered under warranty. As far as the basic bolt-on's go its dealer to dealer as far as what will get your warranty voided. I have been to the dealer with my GT28R and not had my warranty voided and I have heard of people getting theirs voided for an Intake. Now you can get chips that are "undetectable" by the dealership and it will offer reasonable gains. Most have gotten away with an exhaust, diverter valve, and an ECU flash at the dealership with no problems. Some haven't been so lucky. Where exactly is richardson. If its near Houston there are a few people you could talk to. Checkout http://www.dubspeedracing.com its a texas based forum with a few quick cars and a great amount of knowledge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.