VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there knew where I could find clear or tinted turn signal lens for my 88 fox. I don't think I've seen them anywhere but I'm sure if their out there this would be the place to find them.
I also recently purchased those chinese door handles off ebay but can't get them to fit right on my 89 two door. I got them on the car but when you pull them to open the door they don't retract into the door. Has anyone else experienced this with these door handles.
Any info on these subjects would be greatly appreciated.
Derek

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Re: turn signal lens questions and chinese door handle problems (derek_nardecchia)

You weren't looking for Fox turnsignal lenses were you?
You want to find the ones for a small bumper rabbit cabriolet. They are the same, but no one lists them as Fox parts.
Memo did have them.
http://www.memoimports.com/
Cheers,
Regan

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Re: turn signal lens questions and chinese door handle problems (derek_nardecchia)

The blinkers lenses can be found at http://memoimports.com
Buy the ones for a cabby with the small US bumpers (black or chrome), part #1004 for the clear and 1004S for the smoked.
Edit:
Looks like voxwagwen beat me to the info,
must have been typing at the same time

Modified by 88GL_Wagon at 7:31 AM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
16,261 Posts

i have the door handles on my car and it took some work to get the pass side to fit.............. driver worked like a charm. first off are they the correct lenght? when i first got mine they sent me the passat one and not the mk2 version.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how can I tell if I've got the passat ones? I only tried installing the drivers handle so far. some other quirks I've ran into with the handles is the lock tumblers turn in the handle but they are a lot tighter than my old handles and the screw that holds the handle on thats in the door jamb only threads in if I don't use the washer. Man I want these handles to work because they look so good. Its also really cold in the garage so I only play with them for about 15 mins. and then my hands are frozen and I give up for the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts