VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
60481 - 60500 of 60536 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
This thread used to be THE spot to hang out in - crazy how things evolve.
Ehhh, that was a long time ago.

In more recent news I've installed the driver and rear seats from a 2007 GTI into my 2015 Jetta. They were pretty much bolt in but I took the foam and material off of the rears to put on the metal frame so that they would latch. Now I just need to do the front passenger seat, I'll have to swap the seat occupancy sensor to make sure the airbags work properly. Or I may just pull the fabric and foam and switch them over.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
This thread used to be THE spot to hang out in - crazy how things evolve.
Evolution, extinction, whatever...

Here's the GTI all polished up for summer. You can probably spot me sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on hwy 100 in Edina/St Louis Park at any given time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ehhh, that was a long time ago.

In more recent news I've installed the driver and rear seats from a 2007 GTI into my 2015 Jetta. They were pretty much bolt in but I took the foam and material off of the rears to put on the metal frame so that they would latch. Now I just need to do the front passenger seat, I'll have to swap the seat occupancy sensor to make sure the airbags work properly. Or I may just pull the fabric and foam and switch them over.

Damn I want those seats. Looks good.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hey, I bought that blue GTI at the SCI swap meet and the floor boards were way to rusted to save the car, so I parted it out, the chassis is gone but I have a lot of MK1 Golf GTI parts now, if you need anything please let me know and I'll see if I have it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Anyone have experience with removal of the diverter valve on a 2015 Jetta 1.8t? I got the top 2 bolts out but the 3rd one underneath I just couldn't get.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Was thinking about just bringing it somewhere to have them do the swap, any suggestions on shops in the Minneapolis area? I know about Imola but that's the only one I'm really aware of.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Anyone have experience with removal of the diverter valve on a 2015 Jetta 1.8t? I got the top 2 bolts out but the 3rd one underneath I just couldn't get.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Was thinking about just bringing it somewhere to have them do the swap, any suggestions on shops in the Minneapolis area? I know about Imola but that's the only one I'm really aware of.
Not sure of how to get the 3rd bolt but as far as shops go you could check out Further Performance. I brought my GTI there for springs install and was happy with the service. I think they moved spaces semi-recently, but they seemed like a good place to get work done.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Further is still in the same place but has a new space lined up down the road for the near future.

Give them a call. They'll sort you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Any one knows how much the charge for check engine light on??

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
No, but it will probably depend on the reason for the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Passat SEL Premium
10,726 Posts
I have a tech package golf tdi with auto level HID in mint along with tons of other stuff I'll swap out with your stockers and cash including the mint 17" 15spoke rims with 2 new tires. Pm me. Vw buying back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

60481 - 60500 of 60536 Posts