VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
60501 - 60520 of 60536 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
2007 gti -> 2017 gsw

Hi all. I used to hang out in here more back in the day, but drifted away after getting married and starting a family. My 2007 GTI is about to turn 10 years old, just in time to sell it :( because kid #2. In its place we've already picked up a 2017 GSW SEL. I got the windows tinted on my GTI, but don't feel like driving to Savage to do the same for the GSW. Any recommendations for shops in or close to South MPLS that do a great job on windows? I'm going to stick to the MN-legal 50% and want a nice neutral gray. That's what I did on the GTI and it still looks perfect 10 years later.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Anyone have a power module thing for the Gen 3 EA888 1.8t in a Jetta? Neuspeed, Burger Tuning, or DinanTronics that they are looking to sell?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Don't need a piggyback anymore, I went with a APR Stage 1 tune from Further Performance :D

·
Registered
2014 Passat SEL Premium
10,726 Posts
This place is still dried up. I'm still a lurker though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
LONG SHOT here, but does anyone happen to know a guy who drives a dark grey MKIV GTI. De-badged rear aside from black VW badge. I see him all the time at the intersection of Larpenteur and Snelling around 6:45 in the morning on my way to work. One of his brake lights has been out for months now but this morning I notice BOTH of his brake lights and his left turn signal are out. Now his only brake light is the center mounted brake light. Seems pretty dangerous to be driving around with pretty much no brake lights. Just wanted to give him a heads up. Fix your damn lights, dude!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I to have a 1.7 CIS motor with a 020 out of a 1983 MK1 Rabbit if anyone is interested. The motor is disassembled in half, the head is off, did not tear down the block. Has 170ish thousand on it. Sat for 9 years before i bought it and tore into it. Thought the block was froze but the starter was bad and now im throwing a 12v in the thing.

On a different subject, Is there any machine shop where I can get the 12v hot tanked and torq plate honed?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I to have a 1.7 CIS motor with a 020 out of a 1983 MK1 Rabbit if anyone is interested. The motor is disassembled in half, the head is off, did not tear down the block. Has 170ish thousand on it. Sat for 9 years before i bought it and tore into it. Thought the block was froze but the starter was bad and now im throwing a 12v in the thing.

On a different subject, Is there any machine shop where I can get the 12v hot tanked and torq plate honed?
Is it a 5spd 020? Do you know the output flange size? And I don't suppose you know if it's any good anyhow?

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Passat SEL Premium
10,726 Posts
Pretty legit blue mk4 r32 on bags at Morries Luxury Auto right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60501 - 60520 of 60536 Posts