VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
8,251 Posts
Re: Twin Turbo Kit 1.8 ? (techboy88)

its possible but doesnt make much sense unles u were goign sequential which is kinda lame.....1 turbo per 2 cyclinders isnt a whole lot of fun...

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Re: Twin Turbo Kit 1.8 ? (ninja_van1sh)

Quote, originally posted by ninja_van1sh »
its possible but doesnt make much sense unles u were goign sequential which is kinda lame.....1 turbo per 2 cyclinders isnt a whole lot of fun...

sequential turbos is a great idea, get a smaller one for low rpm boost and a bigger one for high rpm, high boost.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
makes no sense to do a twin turbo setup because it's an inline engine. twin turbos are more effective on V6 and V8 applications because you can use one turbo per manifold.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Twin Turbo Kit 1.8 ? (Bux)

Quote, originally posted by Bux »

sequential turbos is a great idea, get a smaller one for low rpm boost and a bigger one for high rpm, high boost.

does anyone know of software that will allow for a sequential turbo application on the 1.8T...and would this be worth the $$$

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Twin Turbo Kit 1.8 ? (techboy88)

Makes sence guys.. one turbo per manifold.. I didn't think of it like that.
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: (Vapormike)

Quote, originally posted by Vapormike »
makes no sense to do a twin turbo setup because it's an inline engine. twin turbos are more effective on V6 and V8 applications because you can use one turbo per manifold.

my Subaru Legacy B4 in HK has twin turbo from stock.. inline 4

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Re: (FEEL)

Quote, originally posted by FEEL »

my Subaru Legacy B4 in HK has twin turbo from stock.. inline 4

H4, not I4

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: (marcspez)

Quote, originally posted by marcspez »
you live in hong kong, we live in the real world. not to mention its a legacy. end of discussion.

opps, sorry that the real world doesn't have a twin turbo Legacy. I should not post my first post. I am sorry

·
Registered
32,663 Posts
Re: (ArcadiaBBQ)

Quote, originally posted by ArcadiaBBQ »
My toyota Supra is a twin turbo and it is an strait 6!

i didnt say it was out of the question, there are obvious exceptions

but the point of the thread is twin turbo'ing a 4 cyl which is kinda dumb

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: (T0oDamnFast)

Quote, originally posted by T0oDamnFast »

i didnt say it was out of the question, there are obvious exceptions

but the point of the thread is twin turbo'ing a 4 cyl which is kinda dumb

Listen, I just wanted to know out of curiosity... and as far as dumb goes You're the dumb one... How does anyone know anything until they have the balls to question. I asked if it were possible not for your opinion.. so watch ya mouth..

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Re: (techboy88)

I am not sure the 1.8t is the motor you would want to tt. It is a great motor but you will have to change all the internals to do this and handle the hp.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Re: (techboy88)

Quote, originally posted by techboy88 »

Listen, I just wanted to know out of curiosity... and as far as dumb goes You're the dumb one... How does anyone know anything until they have the balls to question. I asked if it were possible not for your opinion.. so watch ya mouth..

anything is possible with enough cash, but strapping two turbos to a 1.8 engine is only cool because then you could say to people "Yeah i got a twin turbo." Not because you'd have an efficient performance upgrade.
Not only would you have to design and build a manifold to support two turbochargers, rig up oil and coolant plumbing, tune the ECU to compensate for two turbos, maintain proper intake and exhaust control for both turbos at the same time or sequentially depending on whether or not you want a supra setup, but you'd have to find turbos that are small enough to actually fit in the engine bay, but which are also big enough to provide you with enough power to actually get anywhere.
If you'd like to do that, and you have the money to pay for it all, by all means be my guest. I think though, that you would rather upgrade the more efficient single turbo than try for a 1.8TT.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts