VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night in Des Plaines around 11:30 PM.
Stopped, waiting to make a left to go to a convience store, my buddy behind me with a black mk 3 gti gets slammed in the rear so his car slams into my bmp 20th ae. Luckily all the people are safe for the most part, sore backs and necks, scraps, airbag facial marks, 7 people total in the cars.
****** in a 03 Black Chevy Impala flees the scene immediately
, didn't even think twice, right after impact he reversed and took a right onto a side road! Probably was drunk, stupid, not paying attention, because the mk 3 driver didnt hear brakes lock till right before impact. I had no clue what happened because I was just shocked!
Good news: we got the license plate and the cops matched the car. Let's all hope they do something about it
We also got the name and address for this guy, so something will happen!
Bad news: mk 3 is totalled
, rear end completely crumpled, both front air bags deployed, frame damage. my 20ae rear bumper is cracked, offline and valence is hanging on, I actually thought it was going to be a lot worse with the force of the impact.
More bad news: No Chicago Cruise for us...and we've been waiting a long time for this

If anyone sees a 03 Black Chevy Impala with Front end damage, Plate 604 1500, in the Chicago area, give Jose a nice hello for us

Modified by 20thGTI3352 at 4:34 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Re: Two Dubbers involved in hit and run accident!! Lets hope the ______ gets caught (20thGTI3352)

oh man that sucks. thank god someone got the plate number.

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Re: Two Dubbers involved in hit and run accident!! Lets ... (crushkilldestroy)

that sucks http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif i hope he rots in jail / thats soo not kool

·
Banned
5,261 Posts
Re: Two Dubbers involved in hit and run accident!! Lets hope the ______ gets caught (20thGTI3352)

that sucks hardcore....
but on a side note was the a3 a 2.0 or vr6?

Tommy

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Re: Two Dubbers involved in hit and run accident!! Lets hope the ______ gets caught (TommyC83)

Sorry about the misfortune man. Hope you get that vato later.

·
Banned
10,808 Posts
Re: (Hetzen)

Quote, originally posted by Hetzen »
Keep us updated on this.
Most important is that nobody got hurt.

And that the 20th is fine lol jk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Re: Two Dubbers involved in hit and run accident!! Lets hope the ______ gets caught (TommyC83)

Quote, originally posted by TommyC83 »
that sucks hardcore....
but on a side note was the a3 a 2.0 or vr6?

Tommy

VR6, 16" bbs wheels, leather interior

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Two Dubbers involved in hit and run accident!! Lets hope the ______ gets caught (SeouLBrotha)

damage to 20th ae = $900+
not bad but still sucks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts