VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
That sucks, but the most important thing is that everyone is ok.

I literally feel you pain--I was rear ended in my still brand new R (650 miles) in late May. Got the car back from the shop 2 weeks ago and it looks great after $8k in repairs. I hope that your car can be repaired to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
That sucks, but the most important thing is that everyone is ok.

I literally feel you pain--I was rear ended in my still brand new R (650 miles) in late May. Got the car back from the shop 2 weeks ago and it looks great after $8k in repairs. I hope that your car can be repaired to your satisfaction.
I would 110% hope that they total it out. I wouldn't want to touch it again after that much damage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don’t which I hope for most, total or repair. I know repair is good, but not original. My heartbreak will be no inventory and what to do at that point....

I was slowing to make a left, offender was oncoming and turned in front of me and there was little for me to do. Ended up hitting the trailer he was pulling and why it looks like it just cleaned the hood and right front straight back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
That stinks. Sorry to see this, but glad you/everyone was alright!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
And that’s what I’m trying to figure out now... how and what to move on to

Hard decision! I have my gripes with the car (mostly w/ VW and dealers), and I'm glad I have a '16, though I imagine that I'd probably still give the new ones a hard look if I found myself in your position today. Keep us updated!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, immediately there’s a few ideas. Some from my wife and some from me. I’m going to assume right now, the car is totaled, because if it’s fixed, this is all moot.

My wife has a 17 wagon, I get a new A4 all road as she still wants a wagon and she’s pissed VW stopped making them. Then when mk8’s arrive, turn her wagon in for those and she gets the all road.

Other option... RS3... although I’m really having a hard time thinking of a sedan. And the R for me was the magical point of money vs performance....and the RS3 is a jump... so, while this doesn’t sound like a struggle... for me, I’m really bouncing ideas around and realizing that there isn’t another car like the R.

Anyways, thanks for listening. And thank you all for your concern, it’s appreciated..

King

·
Registered
2019 Arteon, 2016 .:R, 1991 Mazda B2600i
2,384 Posts
Then when mk8’s arrive, turn her wagon in for those and she gets the all road.
You really need to read the MK8 threads before you make that leap of faith.
General consensus is it's been bean counted into a shell of it's former (MK7) self.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys, I will have to check them out.

On another note. I used truecar and did a nationwide search... 2 R’s on the lots, would this be accurate? I plan on calling VW to find out a more definitive answer.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.