VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got a prelude and we were pacing each other on the highway. We drover from Don Mills and Yorkmills and got onto the 404 north from Yorkmills. We both gave it all we had at from about where Steels is to the 407 ramp. I beat him and his excuse was that his V-Tec was not warmed-up. hahhahahah just thought I would share this funny episode.
Please note that this was not street racing by any means. It was around 10:30pm when we were leaving work and the highway was empty. We started at about 100km and got up to about 165km then slowed right down. You all know how it is when you get a new car and want to see how it accelerates and compare it to another car. I was driving my 03 GTI 1.8T
* Any sort of racing is always done on a closed circuit course.

· Banned
1,999 Posts
Re: Typical Honda excuse... (v-dub-u)

Quote, originally posted by v-dub-u »

Please note that this was not street racing by any means. It was around 10:30pm when we were leaving work and the highway was empty. We started at about 100km and got up to about 165km then slowed right down.

how is the 400 and 401 a closed circuit road?
anyway, I am not one to be preaching. But if you got nailed by a cop or killed someone in the process. You would never drive again. and the only late model you will be driving would be the TTC diesel bus cira 1974.

· Registered
4,285 Posts

HAHA, dude, you were "street racing" don't say it was a closed circuit road or whatever. I'm not saying i've never done anything like in the past but you were street racing, don't deny it

· Registered
4,614 Posts

Ha ha ha that's just about the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Typical Honda excuse... (Ginster DE VR6)

Quote, originally posted by Ginster DE VR6 »
HAHA, dude, you were "street racing" don't say it was a closed circuit road or whatever. I'm not saying i've never done anything like in the past but you were street racing, don't deny it

I'm not saying that the 404 is a closed circuit road. And I can see why some people would consider this street racing. I guess my interpretation of street racing is weaving in and out of traffic dangerously. This was a little spirited driving down the hill (if you are familiar with that area) total distance must have been less then 1km. I would compare this to daily driving and being stuck behind some idiot in the and having to speed up and pass them which is generally done in a short distance.
But to each your own. I just wanted to clarify my own option.

· Registered
4,285 Posts

I'm not saying that the 404 is a closed circuit road. And I can see why some people would consider this street racing. I guess my interpretation of street racing is weaving in and out of traffic dangerously. This was a little spirited driving down the hill (if you are familiar with that area) total distance must have been less then 1km. I would compare this to daily driving and being stuck behind some idiot in the and having to speed up and pass them which is generally done in a short distance.
But to each your own. I just wanted to clarify my own option.

You were speeding and you were racing another automobile on a public road. That my friend is street racing. Weaving in and out of traffic is just being reckless and stupid.

· Banned
7,087 Posts
Re: Typical Honda excuse... (blood red GTI)

Quote, originally posted by blood red GTI »

how is the 400 and 401 a closed circuit road?
anyway, I am not one to be preaching. But if you got nailed by a cop or killed someone in the process. You would never drive again. and the only late model you will be driving would be the TTC diesel bus cira 1974.

maybe he could drive a 2004 Ford Shelby..cause you seem to think they exist nerd

· Registered
4,285 Posts
Re: Typical Honda excuse... (97vdubglx)

Quote, originally posted by 97vdubglx »
who cares... the guy was just sharing his experience if it was street racing.. then this post will be locked..
let it be.. !!

True but we just want him to know it was street racing, that's all.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Re: Typical Honda excuse... (Ginster DE VR6)

Geez, everyone is raping this guy left and right. Give the guy a break already it's not like anyone here is innocent. We all speed some of us more than others so lay back a little and let it be.
Good kill with the lude. The only thing good about that car is it's engine

· Registered
fahrvergnügen
4,940 Posts
Re: Typical Honda excuse... (speedR)

You Canadians need to
pull your maple leaves
out of your aas.
Seriously.
You all know you speed
once and while.
Hell, if my friend had just
bought a Honda and wanted
to compare to my VW, I would
almost have to give him a go.
Otherwise, you're just a coward.
You guys yellow, or what?

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Typical Honda excuse... (speedR)

Quote, originally posted by speedR »
Geez, everyone is raping this guy left and right. Give the guy a break already it's not like anyone here is innocent. We all speed some of us more than others so lay back a little and let it be.
Good kill with the lude. The only thing good about that car is it's engine

Thanks to speedR and DriverVW4Life for a real responce and saying how it actually is - we all speed at one time or another.
The funny thing is the excuse my friend used. The V-Tec was not warmed-up was the point I was trying to make up.

Modified by v-dub-u at 8:38 PM 1-7-2004

· Registered
fahrvergnügen
4,940 Posts

... I beat him and his excuse was that his V-Tec was not warmed-up. ...

You should've said your VW
emblem wasn't even charged.

· Registered
3,388 Posts

The funny thing is the excuse my friend used. The V-Tec was not warmed-up was the point I was trying to make up.

Does that mean that he wasn't revving it to V-tec range because his engine was still cold? If so, you can't blame the guy. I wouldn't want to run my engine up to 8000rpm if it's still cold either. Sounds like you had some fun though.

· Registered
2,381 Posts
Re: Typical Honda excuse... (DriveVW4Life)

Quote, originally posted by DriveVW4Life »

No, just some of us aren't interested in a ticket.

· Premium Member
31,821 Posts
Re: Typical Honda excuse... (DriveVW4Life)

Quote, originally posted by DriveVW4Life »
You Canadians need to
pull your maple leaves
out of your aas.
Seriously.
You all know you speed
once and while.
Hell, if my friend had just
bought a Honda and wanted
to compare to my VW, I would
almost have to give him a go.

bring it to the track. you get 2 things:
1. satisfaction of beating someone
2. the time-stamp to prove it and rub it in person x's face
street racing is lame. it's not worth it. people die that arent involved in it at the scene can and do die. that alone is a good enough deterrent for me.
~spoonie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.