VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
481 - 500 of 764 Posts

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
21,261 Posts
Mob of unarmed Liberal idiots protesting = gentle creatures and mostly peaceful
Mob of unarmed Conservative idiots protesting = it was an insurrection against our democracy!!!

But keep thinking Brandon got 80Mil votes.
-Bill Barr, Attorney General. Republican who voted for Trump.

-Ben Raffensperger, Georgia Secretary of State. Republican who voted for Trump.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

GOP Funded Maricopa County Audit stating Biden won, and there was no evidence of altered paper ballots.

-Chris Krebs, Former Director of CISA. Lifelong Republican.

To reiterate:
But keep thinking Brandon got 80Mil votes.
You should try thinking for once. (y)

And civil unrest =/= idiots following a liar to keep him in power because they're upset they lost.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Compares masses of people in every state protesting the murders of unarmed black folks, with a mob of privileged white people crying that their guy didn't get elected. Typical right wing crap. Hell, you guys were going after your own VP because he did his job. And even that Arizona recount that your guy forced found that Biden got MORE votes than previously thought, and that was a recount run by your own conspiracy hacks!

Get a clue, ****tard. I guess "back the blue" only works if they are killing innocents, and not blocking your way into the capitol to kill congressmen.
Who says we back those bootlickers? And to the guy who posted crap from all of those RINOS, give me a break! You think this is still played on party lines? Ha! Tell ya what, bet there’s more violence than this “insurrection” when Kyle is rightfully acquitted. It’ll be kicking off like it did with Fentanyl Floyd all over again. “Organic protests” = busses of disrupters dropped off.

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
19,726 Posts
People taking an unauthorized tour of the Capital is now "insurrection." That's quite a s-t-r-e-t-c-h . . .
How many have been tried and convicted of "insurrection" bty??
Hmmm. Smashing Capitol windows and doors, vandalizing, and beating officers over the head with American flags and spraying them with bear spray. A gallows and the crowd chanting "hang Mike Pence!" All of that is just an "unauthorized tour" to you idiots now?????

Again, "back the blue" is your battle cry when the officers are killing unarmed civilians, but if they block your way into a congressional meeting, it means hit them over the heads and spray bear spray on them.

·
Premium Member
10,408 Posts
But, yeah, sure, it has nothing to do with the current administration's policies, or lockstep hostility to the oil & gas industry:

President Joe Biden’s nominee for the comptroller of the Currency, Saule Omarova, said she wants to bankrupt smaller players in the natural gas, oil and coal industries to help reverse climate change.

Omarova, a Cornell University law professor, said in a Jain Family Institute’s Social Wealth Seminar in February that “a lot of the smaller players in the oil and gas and coal industry will probably go bankrupt in the short order, or at least we want them to go bankrupt if we want to tackle climate change.” She has previously stated that she would like to make it much more difficult for oil and gas companies to obtain loans from banks.

The oil and gas industry provides the majority of U.S. energy supply, and contributes more in taxes and jobs than any other industry in the private sector. It boggles the mind that this administration is actively enthusiastic about harming our own domestic industry, whether our domestic production controls worldwide oil prices, or not.
ITs the diff between thinking towards your next quarterly earnings vs thinking about the survival of the planet

People in the fossil fuel industry will find other things to do. Humans and capital are very adaptive

·
Banned by John until they unbanned me
9,793 Posts
It's worth noting that the petroleum supply appears pretty good. I'm not reading about gas lines or stations just running out. Greater regulatory burdens or even signals that those burdens are coming could have a marginal effect on petroleum supplies, but they don't explain more substantial price increases.

The more likely explanation is one that everyone acknowledges -- dollars are worth less than they were a year or two ago. Moreover, no one with their hands on the controls appears interested in slowing the process, so you'll have inflation baking itself into peoples' longer term perceptions and planning.

Hmmm. Smashing Capitol windows and doors, vandalizing, and beating officers over the head with American flags and spraying them with bear spray.
Terrible. Add more masks, outrage about the fellow elected in 2016, arson, destroying local businesses, murder by the "mostly peaceful protesters" and police inaction and you'd have a BLM event.

Reactions: fireside

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
It's worth noting that the petroleum supply appears pretty good. I'm not reading about gas lines or stations just running out. Greater regulatory burdens or even signals that those burdens are coming could have a marginal effect on petroleum supplies, but they don't explain more substantial price increases.

The more likely explanation is one that everyone acknowledges -- dollars are worth less than they were a year or two ago. Moreover, no one with their hands on the controls appears interested in slowing the process, so you'll have inflation baking itself into peoples' longer term perceptions and planning.

Terrible. Add more masks, outrage about the fellow elected in 2016, arson, destroying local businesses, murder by the "mostly peaceful protesters" and police inaction and you'd have a BLM event.
Inventories of crude and gasoline are getting close to early 2014 levels, when prices were much higher. The main terminal at Cushing is close to operational minimums. That doesn’t mean “running out”, but the price signals it sends the trading market are pretty strong.

Inflation had run about 5% for the year. Meanwhile, oil has run from negative prices into the 80s in under 18 months.

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
19,726 Posts

Zuk, this is you:

Cartoon Hairstyle Facial expression Vertebrate White

·
Banned by John until they unbanned me
9,793 Posts
Inventories of crude and gasoline are getting close to early 2014 levels, when prices were much higher. The main terminal at Cushing is close to operational minimums. That doesn’t mean “running out”, but the price signals it sends the trading market are pretty strong.

Inflation had run about 5% for the year. Meanwhile, oil has run from negative prices into the 80s in under 18 months.
No doubt that price reflects a more vigorous demand now than when more of the economy here hadn't yet crawled back from an imposed recession. Where we are on the the petroleum price/supply seesaw speaks to the existence of that cycle, but the cycle itself isn't a crisis. If the real cost of petroleum is on the high side currently, that's going to be hard on some people, but it's a far cry from not being able to get fuel today because your tag ends in an even number, or sitting in a line hoping you can get some before the station runs out.

I get that the government reports an inflation rate, but I don't believe it is accurate for two reasons. The first reason is polluted by supply issues: the things for which I notice prices have increased in price more than 5% over the last year. Milk, gasoline, food, construction costs and the price of existing real estate are all up more than that, but that signal also reflects supply restrictions, and it's fair to note the anecdotal basis for my doubts. The clearer reason is the increase in M2 of nearly 40% over 18 months. When lots of people stop working and producing value, and the remaining value is divided by a third more dollars that's a substantial inflationary pressure.

Some of that price increase isn't inflationary or at least not a cause of inflation. There are industries that couldn't keep up with demand almost as soon as we got past the original two weeks/six weeks/two months to "bend the curve". Those outfits went from concern about controlling costs to paying whatever it took to keep producing. That raises prices, but I'd say it reflects inflation rather than causes it.

The benign spin on petroleum pricing in dollars is that we wouldn't be increasing demand and parting with dollars at this rate if we weren't doing something worthwhile with it. I just see looking at the dollar numbers inclines people to panic on the petroleum specific issue more than it should.

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
38,678 Posts
Reactions: dubdaze68
481 - 500 of 764 Posts