VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've seen a few of you mention in various threads, that you have the Euro Nav installed.
Well lets see some pics, complete specs (for example what version), prices, etc...
Here is one i found but i forgot where I got it from...

Who's car is this? I know he/she is on Vortex.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Re: U.S. R32 Euro Nav FAQ/DIY (Gateway)

That's me

More pics and some details in my fotki.
- price $ they run approx $1400-$1600 in cables and CDs
- check classifieds
- check UK forums (there is a group buy) but with customs etc you're looking at possibly $1200 landed (maybe more)
- mine is Version "D"
drop me emails if you have questions (easier perhaps to respond)

·
Banned
414 Posts
Re: U.S. R32 Euro Nav FAQ/DIY (TTigg)

http://www.uk-mkvs.net/forum/t...age=7
there's a group buy going on in UK forum, above is link to last page of the group buy, page seven of the string
per unit retail from the poster's supplier is something like 600 british pounds (exchange rate the other day was $1.82 to 1 lb) but that was for brand new G version units, with the OEM tri lead antenna (the GPS antenna is in the base of the standard radio antenna, plus there's an antenna for cellphone (that's the third lead), and price includes the harness adaptors
they're hoping to get a better prices as their supplier has 170 units coming in and they're up to 25 buyers (i;m one of them)
you'll still need map discs
and hopefully Ttigg will burn us a set - others indicate US mag discs from the Toureg unit will work
and some other posters have said they are Blaupunkt mapping discs
which means i can either source a set from my buddy at vw dealership or from a friends BMW to copy
the Euro speedo cluster posted earlier is nice as the MFD G unit will also display it's info on the center display in that unit

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote, originally posted by TTigg »
That's me

More pics and some details in my fotki.
- price $ they run approx $1400-$1600 in cables and CDs
- check classifieds
- check UK forums (there is a group buy) but with customs etc you're looking at possibly $1200 landed (maybe more)
- mine is Version "D"
drop me emails if you have questions (easier perhaps to respond)

Thanks for that input. I am looking for a "G" version, still in the process of locating one.
Do you have anymore pics?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

I help put in Nav in a R32. Put the D version. But there was alto of cutting and after market to get it to work. Still haven't figured out how to change the thing to English. Have really look into. And the disk are still haven't figured out how to make them. Total was alto more then what people have paid for them on here. (costumer's car)

Modified by A.L.V11 at 7:45 PM 6-22-2004

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: U.S. R32 Euro Nav FAQ/DIY (larryccf)

Quote, originally posted by larryccf »
http://www.uk-mkvs.net/forum/t...age=7
there's a group buy going on in UK forum, above is link to last page of the group buy, page seven of the string
per unit retail from the poster's supplier is something like 600 british pounds (exchange rate the other day was $1.82 to 1 lb) but that was for brand new G version units, with the OEM tri lead antenna (the GPS antenna is in the base of the standard radio antenna, plus there's an antenna for cellphone (that's the third lead), and price includes the harness adaptors
they're hoping to get a better prices as their supplier has 170 units coming in and they're up to 25 buyers (i;m one of them)
you'll still need map discs
and hopefully Ttigg will burn us a set - others indicate US mag discs from the Toureg unit will work
and some other posters have said they are Blaupunkt mapping discs
which means i can either source a set from my buddy at vw dealership or from a friends BMW to copy
the Euro speedo cluster posted earlier is nice as the MFD G unit will also display it's info on the center display in that unit

The "G" version is exactly what i was looking for. I need to get on that list asap!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Re: U.S. R32 Euro Nav FAQ/DIY (A.L.V11)

Quote, originally posted by A.L.V11 »
I help put in Nav in a R32. Put the D version. But there was alto of cutting and after market to get it to work. Still haven't figured out how to change the thing to English. Have really look into. And the disk are still haven't figured out how to make them. Total was alto more then what people have paid for them on here. (costumer's car)

Modified by A.L.V11 at 7:45 PM 6-22-2004

Strange,
Mine was pretty much plug-n-play and you can change the language in the sertings - email me if you need any more help.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Gateway »

Do you have anymore pics?

Check my fotki

·
Registered
1,547 Posts

man that is so F'N clean. some day. some day.

TTigg why havnt you converted your climatronic to C insead of F?

being from the UK and all would probably suit you better

id like to get a real r32 euro cluster and convert mine over to C

go for the "authentic" euro style

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Re: U.S. R32 Euro Nav FAQ/DIY (#466gti)

I have to admit, that the NAV and the exhaust switch are the only 2 mods (besides the spare) that truly excite me.
I am moving to Montana, and will be driving cross country from NJ, so the NAV/DVD will do wonders for me. The exhaust switch will help avoid tickets and earaches, the spare will save the frustration when the "fix a flat" doesn't work. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Re: U.S. R32 Euro Nav FAQ/DIY (#466gti)

Quote, originally posted by #466gti »
man that is so F'N clean. some day. some day.
TTigg why havnt you converted your climatronic to C insead of F?

being from the UK and all would probably suit you better

id like to get a real r32 euro cluster and convert mine over to C

go for the "authentic" euro style

Thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
As for the C to F (or vise versa) perhaps one day. I get so used to the American temps now it would probably confuse me (lol)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

Is there a big difference between the "D" and "G" Versions? Is it a more complicated install or is it just software differences? I have a possible lead on a "G" Version for a good price, just want to make sure it would still be a relatively easy install. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.