VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (All_Texan)

People already have a hard time remembering to use ONE turn signal, how in the world are they going to remember to use use ANOTHER!

·
Banned
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (Mr_Ginzo)

I'm sure a signal could have saved atleast a few rear end accidents.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Mr_Ginzo »
U turns are illegal so bad idea

u turns are only illeagal here if the intersection is not devided or there is a no u turn sign. seems like kind of a good idea, but if we started adding crap to cars for all the stupid stuff that people do, we would have too much stuff.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
In Winnipeg they're only illegal where they are specifically marked to not be allowed, and other areas where logic should tell you that you shouldn't be doing it anyways...

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (norman)

Quote, originally posted by norman »
if we started adding crap to cars for all the stupid stuff that people do, we would have too much stuff.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,944 Posts

how the hell did you get a license?

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (stock60)

that is a dumb idea IMO. People don't make them enough for it to be useful.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (veritas137)

What would it look like? If it's a big "U" then I'm all for it.
Otherwise... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

I would be happy with just amber rear turn signals

not here unless its posted so or you have to cross a double yellow

·
Registered
44,112 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (Belfi)

Quote, originally posted by Belfi »
What would it look like? If it's a big "U" then I'm all for it.
Otherwise... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

It would be a scrolling message board saying "Hey jackass, don't hit me, I'm a lost idiot and I need to go back where I came from." A simple "U" wouldn't cut it

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (ATL_Av8r)

similiar topic, but different idea:
i always thought that cars should have one visable brake light on front. just so you can see what cars are doing when they are coming at you.

and sequential tailights that light more bulbs up the harder you press the brakes.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (g60-inside)

Instead of stupifiying the general public, I'd rather see a much more rigorous driving program for new drivers, it really too easy to get your license in this country. i think some intensive seat time at some driving schools would really do some good all around for some drivers. making them more aware of the cars capabilities, as well as their own. which in turn helps make them more aware of others and there actions and habits.

Rather then treat the symptoms, we should try and cure the problem.

·
Registered
13,374 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (ced)

Quote, originally posted by ced »
Instead of stupifiying the general public, I'd rather see a much more rigorous driving program for new drivers, it really too easy to get your license in this country. i think some intensive seat time at some driving schools would really do some good all around for some drivers. making them more aware of the cars capabilities, as well as their own. which in turn helps make them more aware of others and there actions and habits.

Rather then treat the symptoms, we should try and cure the problem.

ding ding ding WINNER!!!!
Too bad it will never happen, god forbid we take away stupid people's "right" to drive.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (veritas137)

U-Turns are illegal here in Ohio, but are essential to driving around Tampa. If U-Turns were Illegal in Tampa, you wouldn't be able to leave your apartment..
But, for the most part, you can tell when someones about to bust a U. And wouldn't it be the U-r's fault in an accident, since they have to yield...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (All_Texan)

I think it should be just be a double-flash for u-turns. blink...blink...blink for left/right, and blink-blink...blink-blink for all the way around. Not that anyone would use them or ever uses any turn signal, but hey - the whole idea is to signal your intent, and what better way than to signal whether you intent to make a left (so I can turn right on red), or bust a u-turn and smash into me. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Re: u-turn signal, good or bad idea? (g60-inside)

Quote, originally posted by g60-inside »

and sequential tailights that light more bulbs up the harder you press the brakes.

I think there are alreayd a few on the market, the tail lights blink really fast then go solid during panic braking
and get brighter the harder you push
personally, as long as I am driving a car that has seperate turn signals, when I have to slow down alot without warning on the highway, I hit my hazard lights untill the car behind me slows down, or stops if traffic is that bad

1 - 20 of 32 Posts