VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was trying to get the swirl marks out of my paint so i bought some rubbing compound and polishing compund.. it says to rub back and fourth, which i did. but now instead of swirl marks i have straight line ones.. and im using a mirco fiber towel.. what can i use to make no back and fourth marks????

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (jonfran21)

Quote, originally posted by jonfran21 »

Would you apply that philosophy anywhere else? Bungee jumping, replacing an airbag, car seat?
C'mon people, if it's $4.99 at Walmart, there's a reason it's $4.99 at Walmart

lol it was 2.99... oh well it didnt hurt anything.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Jesstzn)

Quote, originally posted by Jesstzn »

Until you try to remove the marks it made ..

i got them out...
thats why i said it didnt hurt anything.. its not like i went to town with the sh it

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (me)

Quote, originally posted by me »
Actually, you may have unnecessarily thinned your clear coat which might eventually cause premature failure. This isn't something you can check unless you have a reliable paint thickness gauge. Factory clears are really thin to begin with and using something rough like that Turtle Wax compound could really harm the surface in the long run. I used this compound on my headlights a long time ago and while it kind of worked for what I was trying to do, I found out about its reputation before I ever used it on my paint.
I still have the can, just to remind me of my early days.

the part i tested it on isnt on my car anymore anyways.. i already threw the stuff away

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.