VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
I just got myself some new wheels (18 inch) and when i got them changed, it seems that the front wheels might have some clearance issue with the brake calipers. The space between the rims and the caliper is very tight. The mechanic said he didnt hear any rattling noises.
Do you think its going to be a problem when I go over a bump or something? I think there is like a 1 cm space between the caliper and the wheel. Oh man.....
and i cant return the wheels now since I already put them on.

Modified by dwono at 7:45 AM 6-21-2005

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (dwono)

Actually, i just measured it again, and its definitely less than 1 cm..like half of that. So the calipers won't move and hit the wheels even over a bump right?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Re: (Kilya)

Quote, originally posted by Kilya »
Mine are fairly close to the calipers its ok.. if it bothers you that much just get 5mm hr spacers =]

survey says....."ding ding ding".....
good answer

·
25,499 Posts
Re: (Desibabu345)

Quote, originally posted by Desibabu345 »
1 cm isn't bad. Some calipers are even closer. The caliper's dont move in relation to the wheels. They are pretty much stationary in relation to eachother.

Pretty much? If your calipers move at all in relation to the inside of your wheel you've got other problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.