VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we were putting all new rotors on my car and got both front done and 1 back done then the othe side would not screw back in (the piston) it would just trun and would not go in so is my caliper shot ?sucks the big one took us soooo damn long to get the back one on there pita

·
Registered
789 Posts
Re: uhhhggg caliper (derek95)

put an old brake pad or flat piece of thin wood over the piston and squeeze it with a clamp, it's always worked for me. i've never had to do the brakes on any of my dubs though

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: uhhhggg caliper (slowmowfoe)

well for the back brakes i need to twist the pistons as i push the front i just clamped

·
Registered
789 Posts

Quote, originally posted by derek95 »
well for the back brakes i need to twist the pistons as i push the front i just clamped

hmmmm, there may be a special tool or something, aybe try the braking forum.
wish i could help you more

·
Registered
9,086 Posts

Yes, you must turn and push the piston back into the caliper.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: uhhhggg caliper (GriffinMoss)

yes i know this if you read my post you'll see this i got one back one in fine with the tool but the other one won't go in it twists but won't go in

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

pictures to get some hits
sitting on stands till i can get a new caliper

the new rotors

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

well we were putting all new rotors on my car and got both front done and 1 back done then the othe side would not screw back in (the piston)

ok people i know your trying to help but i have one side in already the cube works fine for me i don't need the other tool

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

have you check the brake line to make sure it isnt clogged or anything like that. Try bleading the brake itself. Maybe that will work http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: uhhhggg caliper (slammed dub)

yea finally after 9 hours on it (the hole car) we decided to take the entire caliper off the car and put it on the bench we still couldn't get it to budge

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

Time for a trip to autozone man

Good luck with it though.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

I know its not what you wanna hear man but its the only thing I could think of

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

yea i know i need one lol i called a couple places but i guess its not a highly needed part around here on monday i'll go to vw grave yard and get one

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

Bro if you were down here you could pick up one for like $15 or$20 or so. Along with it will be the rear section still completely attached but cut about 6 inches into the rear beam.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

i should be able to get a nice deal here though it will only be the caliper the guy kicks major as$

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

Thats good man at least you got a hook up on it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Ive been there and done that before and it suxs major balls

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

should've seen the old rotors ..on the back we had to grind off a lip on them they were soo mesesd up

1 - 20 of 27 Posts