VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my insurance company is saying they don't want to pay for the aftermarket parts that were on my car after i presented them with receits. They said i took a car that all rdy had good stuff in it and put stuff in that was to my preference. ok i can see them not paying for little stuff like dash kit even though it was lil spensive but my fing coil overs! Am i gonna get screwed here or is there something i can do.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Re: um is my insuring company screwing me? (RocketVR6)

not sure how your insurance company works, but everytime I get something new, I had to show my insurance complany the receipts and they take pictures (my Wolfsburg, which has since been sold
). ( ONLY FAIR) Seein as there are so many dishonest people that would commit insurance fraud out there. Jacking up my rates
. Also depending on the value of the modification my comprehensive premium sometimes reflects that. I guess it's their way of keeping us honest. BTW I now use Progressive Insurance and I insured my car and have very few mods, so it will be interesting to see how they respond when I present them with the receipts. How about everyone else.

[Modified by wagenspeed, 8:00 PM 8-2-2002]

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

Did you ever tell them you had these parts before the accident? They would probably have covered it without a problem had you done so. But don't take any ish from them.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Re: um is my insuring company screwing me? (vwgtirob)

as long as you get an endorsement on your policy when you first get the mods, then they should be able to cover it- you might pay more for a premium but it's worth it.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts

my insurance company charges an extra X amount of $$ / thousand dollars of mods. If I didn't take the extra mod insurance, then I'd be schit outta luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts