VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried posting this in the G/J III forum a week ago but I noticed that if you don't have pics or body styling questions its pointless.
Anyways, I'm getting crappy ass gas milage in the city and get about 25 mpg on highway trips. I just resently changed the O2 sensor and fuel filter hoping to get rid of the CEL, but know it just comes on and off when it pleases. Spark plugs were changed in dec. and oil this past month. Also the coil pack was cracked, could you believe that
, and did the JB weld fix that stopped the arcing so i figure it worked. This last tank of gas lasted appox. 194 miles of all city driving. I don't beat on my car daily, but only once in a blue moon. I try to keep my revs low to help on the gas economy but still getting crappy mileage. Why is it that I get good highway mpg and such bad city mpg.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Re: Ummm...i need some help (91Carat1319)

Quote, originally posted by 91Carat1319 »
I tried posting this in the G/J III forum a week ago but I noticed that if you don't have pics or body styling questions its pointless.

Heheh, pretty much . . .
But yeah normally city is always worse than highway, but usually only by a mile or two. I guess it's dependent upon where you live. What was the code for the CEL?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ummm...i need some help (Groundskeeper)

Dont have access to a VAG-COM and no dealership in town. I took it to autozone but they only have OBDII readers
A shop here wants to charge me 60 bucks to check the friggin code, that's insane, so i figure I'll give it a shot here.
Yeah, I figured that between city and highway there is a difference, but I have close to a 10 mpg difference without beating on my car.
I did a search on compression testing last night and going to get a tester soon. I read in some of the post in which they described a lumpy idle and when I come to think about it, my car at idle does feel rough. You can kind of feel the bouncing inside the car at idle.
Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Ummm...i need some help (VgRt6)

Quote, originally posted by VgRt6 »
Are you OBDI?

Yes sir OBD 1
I did a compression test and here are the numbers
1. 115
2. 90
3. 120
4. 130
5. 130
6. 120

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.