VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im putting a new passenger door handle on my car...i switched the lock cylinder out...and i went to put it back in the car and the screw that goes through the side of the door and into the handle is to small for the opening in the new handle...........did they make different sizes?? i guess im gonna have to go out tommorow and try to size up a screw to fit it

· Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Noobercorn)

Quote, originally posted by Noobercorn »
is it reverse threaded? i had that happen on my 93. no clue how, but that bitch is reversed.

i dont think so, but i can literally stick the old mounting screw right through the hole without it touching any threads

· Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (EnIgMa '06)

Quote, originally posted by EnIgMa ’06 »
But the screw threads fine into the old handle? Check just to make sure. It sounds stupid but....
Did you get Passat handles (they should be the same) or Jetta handles or something?
Quote, originally posted by EnIgMa ’06 »
But the screw threads fine into the old handle? Check just to make sure. It sounds stupid but....
Did you get Passat handles (they should be the same) or Jetta handles or something?

they look exactly like the one off my car, i cant find any difference other than the mounting screw and they supposedly came off a 93 rado like mine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.