VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately some piss-head keyed the my car. Up and down both sides. Both doors, quarters, hood, and hatch... etc.
So I figure, if I am going to have my car in the shop anyways, I would like to have the Rub strips removed, basically shaving the whole car. How much should I be looking at? I don't want to get screwed, and I know a lot of people here have done it, as well...
Thanks In Advance,
Heres to a Terrible Afternoon

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Re: Unfortunate... I have to repaint my Car. Quick Questions (ShadyCRoy)

A good paint job alone will be pushing 2k, but I'm imagining that will be covered by insurance. So, add in an extra $750-$1250 for the other work....maybe 3k or so.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Re: Unfortunate... I have to repaint my Car. Quick Questions (DUBteknic)

quote:[HR][/HR]I got quoted $900 to shave the door rub strips on a Jetta and repaint all 4 doors![HR][/HR]​
That sounds about right... for the majority of people... removing the rubstrips are running $1K+.
Tyler

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Unfortunate... I have to repaint my Car. Quick Questions (kingsfan01)

tell me where you guys are getting quoted .... i was quoted 5500 to repaint my jetta jazz blue. hmmm. and shadyCRoy i know who you feel- my car was just broken into a few weeks ago and when they couldnt get it started they ruined my interior. but like you it gives me the oppertunity to give me car a makeover. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.