VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Re: unhooked battery...is there a restart procedure on drive by wire cars (RJB121)

nope not really, it may have reset the drive by wire, but that's about it, so mainly the pedal will feel smoother,
just replug and turn the crank and you'll be good, hopefully

now if it has been disconected for a while, like a month, check all the fluids and run the car at idle for a few minutes to let the oil and fluids flow through the car again http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
402 Posts
Re: unhooked battery...is there a restart procedure on drive by wire cars (RJB121)

If you only unhook for a few hours, it will just take about an hour for some of the ECU settings to come back. no harm done though.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

you'll be fine.
when i was hooking up my foglights i ran into a few problems and all told i had the battery unhooked maybe three times in a few days. nothing bad happened and the restart was ok.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts

You *will* need to reset your one-touch up/down window functions.
From here --> http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=764870
Quote »
RESETTING AUTO UP/DOWN WINDOW FUNCTIONS:
- Make sure all windows are completely closed (all the way up).
- Get out of the car.
- Lock the car from the the outside by inserting the key into the door and turning in the appropriate direction.
- Unlock the car through the door.
- Lock the car through the door again. Make sure to hold the key in the lock position for several seconds (I typically wait until the alarm LED has blinked a couple times).
- Your auto up/down functions should now work again.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

thanks...i just didnt know if things had to relearn or anything, i know theres cars out there where you just turn on but dont start, let idle all that jazz..thanks again

·
Registered
197 Posts

You need to run through tranny adaptation on automatics supposedly

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: unhooked battery...is there a restart procedure on drive by wire cars (escape75)

you might have to get ahold of the vagcomm and reset port #84115417
and have the vag also adjust the protocal J32-43

1 - 8 of 8 Posts