Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ladies and Gents,

UNITED MOTORSPORT is proud to release 2009 2.5L Performance Engine Software

Stock: 153whp, 166wftlbs
United Motorsport: 168whp, 185wftlbs

Improved power.
Improved drivability.
Rev hang eliminated.
Proper full power fuel enrichment. (see dyno chart: OEM enichment starts past ~4200rpm)
Short Runner Intake Manfold Tuning Available. (the only PROVEN sri software available)

100% PORT FLASH: No ecu removal. :thumbup:

Available two ways:
1. At your nearest United Motorsport Dealer
2. Not near a dealer? Try our Loaner Tool Program. (email for availability and details)

Options and Pricing:
1. 87 Octane: $399
2. 91/93 Octane: $399
3. Short Runner Intake: $499

Introductory Pricing: $100 off. (good through Jan. 2012)

Comming soon for the Mk6 2.5L.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hollidays from UNITED MOTORSPORT. :snowcool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is great news!

I'm keeping an eye on this. Fortunately, there's a dealer in my region. Got a few questions for you guys:

1) How likely will the Mk6 2.5L ECU be able to be flashed through OBD II port?
2) In the video, it says 178whp and 178wtq instead of 168whp and 185wtq like the post stated. Is the second set of numbers the output of the finalized software version?
3) Being able to pump 93 Octane is rare for me, so I will run 91 for the most part (already running 91 since the first tank I fill in the car). If I'm able to find 93 Octane, will the ECU adapt or I have to have someone switch the program?

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1) How likely will the Mk6 2.5L ECU be able to be flashed through OBD II port?
2) In the video, it says 178whp and 178wtq instead of 168whp and 185wtq like the post stated. Is the second set of numbers the output of the finalized software version?
3) Being able to pump 93 Octane is rare for me, so I will run 91 for the most part (already running 91 since the first tank I fill in the car). If I'm able to find 93 Octane, will the ECU adapt or I have to have someone switch the program?

Thanks in advance
1. Plans are to port flash.

2. Video shows absolute peak numbers, no smoothing. Post numbers are generated from smoothed chart.

3. No software adjustment needed to run 91 octane fuel, the ecu adapts to slightly lower octane.
The tune is made for this use, since many folks can only get 91.

·
Registered
715 Posts
is there an eta for the mk6 golf? Unitronic has 50$ off unitl mid january. But it looks like you have 100$ off. so is the sale price 399 or 299? If its 299 then maybe its worth the wait. Also was the dyno just with the tune or other stuff?

·
Registered
313 Posts
is there an eta for the mk6 golf? Unitronic has 50$ off unitl mid january. But it looks like you have 100$ off. so is the sale price 399 or 299? If its 299 then maybe its worth the wait. Also was the dyno just with the tune or other stuff?
It's 299. I called. Schweeeeet!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hey UM the tune must be a street tune than. Do you or will you have one for like headers and hi flow cat/ test-pipe in a tune like a race file tune option?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts