VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Cams are in, feel the power already. gonna give the tune a little more time to adapt
Enjoy! Yes they are quite a bit of fun with a full compliment of UM software! its the slowest performance car I own but its still a family favorite for all around driving fun!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Anyone knows what is the current price for the Haldex tune alone? Any discounts if I already have the ECU+DSG tune already running for years now.

Thanks.
dont quote me Lui might have the exact answer but i believe i paid 699... but i could be wrong. Obviously there will be WITW pricing coming soon... if you are going of course

The power is starting to show with the cams. This car is an animal!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have every tune except the Haldex tune. Do you need an aftermarket controller for this?

3mpg highway!?!!? NICE!
I do not see the Gen 2 haldex flash at their website. Only Gen 1

·
Registered
275 Posts
I do not see the Gen 2 haldex flash at their website. Only Gen 1
Even though UM makes my preferred tunes for the MK5, they are kind of lacking in the info department. It'd be nice if they had the same kind of public releases as APR does. Honestly it's tough to provide proof as to why I think they're the best. My best guess for this is because they're actually just too involved in the development of specific software to make a fancy write up about it but sometimes that's what will attract new customers. Which is fine if you follow forums intensively but if not you could be easily swayed towards one of those other tuning companies. Either way I've found your best bet is to follow them on Facebook to see what they're up to.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Even though UM makes my preferred tunes for the MK5, they are kind of lacking in the info department. It'd be nice if they had the same kind of public releases as APR does. Honestly it's tough to provide proof as to why I think they're the best. My best guess for this is because they're actually just too involved in the development of specific software to make a fancy write up about it but sometimes that's what will attract new customers. Which is fine if you follow forums intensively but if not you could be easily swayed towards one of those other tuning companies. Either way I've found your best bet is to follow them on Facebook to see what they're up to.
they are working on getting the website up to date. they are not as large as APR company wise its a small operation, they put their customers before themselves...nothing wrong with that. I have the triple tune and i can tell you this cars handling characteristics have changed completely no more understeer car is very neutral... the rear end rotates very nicely. The improved MPG is really nice with the eco mode, and the way the car hooks up off the line is alot more aggressive.. it almost hurts your neck when you launch now... no more chirp up front

·
Registered
275 Posts
they are working on getting the website up to date. they are not as large as APR company wise its a small operation, they put their customers before themselves...nothing wrong with that. I have the triple tune and i can tell you this cars handling characteristics have changed completely no more understeer car is very neutral... the rear end rotates very nicely. The improved MPG is really nice with the eco mode, and the way the car hooks up off the line is alot more aggressive.. it almost hurts your neck when you launch now... no more chirp up front
Oh no I definitely agree! I was a little drunk when I wrote that haha. They're my favorite tuning company by far, I also have the triple tune and spark cut with a set of 268/264 Schricks and the car is a whole different animal now. When I bought my car the previous owner had the APR tune installed, and I took what seemed at the time like a leap of faith to switch to UM but obviously I'm very glad I did. I was just saying it's hard to prove it to my friends other than a first-hand experience in my car. Which works for me but when someone completely new to the scene sees a bunch of fancy graphs vs word of mouth it may be hard for us to convince them to make the right choice. I have no doubt the website update will help to mitigate my concerns.

EDIT: hey wait you helped set up the cams group buy! Haha thanks again man.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Thank you. I just wanted to confirm. Going to reach out to one of the local dealers here to see how much it would be

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Spark cut not so good with a borla catback. Decatted the car did 3 pulls hit spark cut and blew a baffle out in the rear muffler...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 107 Posts