VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
they are working on getting the website up to date. they are not as large as APR company wise its a small operation, they put their customers before themselves...nothing wrong with that. I have the triple tune and i can tell you this cars handling characteristics have changed completely no more understeer car is very neutral... the rear end rotates very nicely. The improved MPG is really nice with the eco mode, and the way the car hooks up off the line is alot more aggressive.. it almost hurts your neck when you launch now... no more chirp up front
I received a quote for the triple combo w/o spark cut $1399. I am assuming this does not include tax. It seems around your ball park cost. Do you know how long it takes them to do it? I recently had Milltek Hi flow manifolds and cats installed but it is throwing a error code for cat efficiency and sensor heater circuit malfunction for the O2. Will this tune get rid of that?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I received a quote for the triple combo w/o spark cut $1399. I am assuming this does not include tax. It seems around your ball park cost. Do you know how long it takes them to do it? I recently had Milltek Hi flow manifolds and cats installed but it is throwing a error code for cat efficiency and sensor heater circuit malfunction for the O2. Will this tune get rid of that?
For the triple tune it's about an hour to completely log and flash the car.
Yea it will remove the cat efficiency codes as well as disable the SAI system

·
Registered
654 Posts
You're going to really love the triple!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
For the triple tune it's about an hour to completely log and flash the car.
Yea it will remove the cat efficiency codes as well as disable the SAI system
Thank you for the information. That is good that it will only take an hour. The error codes is what pissing me off. If I am going to drop some significant dime, definitely do not want annoying CEL popping up. Looking forward to getting this!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
You're going to really love the triple!
I can't wait for this! Hopefully, i still get to enjoy it for much longer as I have 149,000 miles already :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thank you for the information. That is good that it will only take an hour. The error codes is what pissing me off. If I am going to drop some significant dime, definitely do not want annoying CEL popping up. Looking forward to getting this!
The only code you might get is a lean code but that would be if your exhaust is loose or other reasons. When going hfc or catless you are more worried about being rich

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
The only code you might get is a lean code but that would be if your exhaust is loose or other reasons. When going hfc or catless you are more worried about being rich
Soft code or hard code? meaning will a CEL appear on my dash? Have you experienced this and will there be an issue with passing emissions? I have the vag cable to get rid of it as long as it is not frequent.

·
Registered
769 Posts
My car runs rich as a mofo with hollowed out high flow cats. Have only seen one code in 4 months. It was an o2 code but can't recall exactly what it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
My car runs rich as a mofo with hollowed out high flow cats. Have only seen one code in 4 months. It was an o2 code but can't recall exactly what it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I can somewhat live with that at least. I just don't want it coming on and staying on frequently. I have one right now. It went on for almost a week. Went out for a day, then it came back again.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Well I can somewhat live with that at least. I just don't want it coming on and staying on frequently. I have one right now. It went on for almost a week. Went out for a day, then it came back again.
It will go away and show passed no issues

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the triple tune and i'm having issues with the DSG. Consistent example of the problem, in Drive or Manual, if i'm city driving and braking to take turn right or left, when I want to get back on the power mid corner or just after exit, no gear is engaged. It seems to take FOREVER to shift down and when i'm ready to power on, I dont have a gear for a solid second or two after hitting the gas. Once the gear is available i get a solid lunge.

My question is, would the tune be masking any codes that would allow me to identify what the **** is going on? I got my clutches replaced at 99k and i'm at 147k now.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I have the triple tune and i'm having issues with the DSG. Consistent example of the problem, in Drive or Manual, if i'm city driving and braking to take turn right or left, when I want to get back on the power mid corner or just after exit, no gear is engaged. It seems to take FOREVER to shift down and when i'm ready to power on, I dont have a gear for a solid second or two after hitting the gas. Once the gear is available i get a solid lunge.

My question is, would the tune be masking any codes that would allow me to identify what the **** is going on? I got my clutches replaced at 99k and i'm at 147k now.
How long ago did you get tuned? The transmission does have a a learning curve... Was the dsg services at the time of clutch replacement? Will not hide codes could be a mechatronic going out or you might need to run adaptations via vagcom

·
Registered
247 Posts
How long ago did you get tuned? The transmission does have a a learning curve... Was the dsg services at the time of clutch replacement? Will not hide codes could be a mechatronic going out or you might need to run adaptations via vagcom
Got the triple tune last April and got the Haldex update in June. I had the DSG serviced in July before a track day in August.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Got the triple tune last April and got the Haldex update in June. I had the DSG serviced in July before a track day in August.
I would do the relearn procedure for the dsg and go from there...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Do you know how I can do that without going to a dealer? Is it different than a clutch adaptation?
Can i do this in vagcom with Ross Tech?
Yes the procedure is on the Ross tech wiki page.

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
In the dealer lobby waiting for my triple tune. Hopefully, it will be all worth it!

·
Registered
654 Posts
In the dealer lobby waiting for my triple tune. Hopefully, it will be all worth it!
Get ready for a new r32! best ride around....:beer:

61 - 80 of 107 Posts