VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting my Jetta 1.8t flashed with Unitronic Stage 1+ within the next few weeks by Force Fed Engineering. The problem is that he is just to busy for me to talk to him about it. I was looking for a K04 upgrade kit to match up in the future with it but everything is either with software or just a lot of extra stuff that jacks the price way up. I was on ECS Tuning not to long ago and they had a kit that is just the turbo (K04-001) and gaskets and such and it was less than $1k. This Kit. If I do go with this which will be awhile from now, what should I start upgrading to? I don't have any want to go BT since I drive this everyday and need it to be reliable.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Re: Unitronic and ECS Tuning K04 kit (ihavenoideax2)

waist of money unless you turbo is blown.
I have over 50k miles on my big turbo GTI with UNI tune and drive it 100mls a day for work, most reliable car i have ever owned, I also get better MPG's with the big turbo then stock, So maybe I have saved money in the long run

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Re: Unitronic and ECS Tuning K04 kit (ihavenoideax2)

I dont know what you're current mods are but. A good starting point is:
--ECU reflash
--Turboback Exhaust
--Turbo inlet pipe

·
Registered
7,161 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Unitronic and ECS Tuning K04 kit (dubbin' on Jlines)

Check out the exhaust they sell at
http://www.speed-element.com
$300 shipped!
I'm running it and so are a ton of other guys.. T304 stainless, tig welds, 3in turboback... Great sound too.. The fitment is tricky but the construction of it is very good..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.