VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

**Unitronic Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit for 1.8/2.0 TSI GEN3 MQB is Now Available!**

37K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  IchbineinR 
#1 ·

Unitronic is pleased to announce the release of its new Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit for the 1.8/2.0 TSI (MQB) engines.

Comprised of an upgraded Turbo Discharge Pipe, Throttle Body Pipe, and silicone intercooler inlet/outlet hoses, this complete upgrade kit features a high-flow design that eliminates restrictions in the boost (charge) piping leading from the turbocharger outlet to the engine, allowing for unrestricted airflow.

LEARN MORE

See less See more
#4 ·
No, it does not include the hose connecting the Throttle Body Pipe to the Throttle Body.

Is there a URL to order from? Couldn't find the order link or pricing.

As I understand there is a optional higher boost stage 2 ECU file in the works.. what will be the requirements to run that and is there any rough ETA? Are we talking months away, or *soon*?
We prefer that you purchase it through any of our Authorized Dealers, but if you'd like to order direct, you can do so on our website here: getuni.ca/mqbcpipesbuy. Unfortunately there is no rough ETA on the file you mentioned, sorry!

#3 ·
Is there a URL to order from? Couldn't find the order link or pricing.

As I understand there is a optional higher boost stage 2 ECU file in the works.. what will be the requirements to run that and is there any rough ETA? Are we talking months away, or *soon*?

#9 ·
When will you have DQ381 compatible piping kit?
Any news on a Charge Pipe Kit for 2018 (and I suppose the 2019) 7.5 R's?? I was told the one for the Mk7 R's won't fit due to the 7-speed DSG.

Thank you in advance.
Our Hardware Engineers have completed scanning the MK7.5 using our in-house Creaform 3D scanner. Once the scanning was finished, we created a complete 3D model of the vehicle, and have made the necessary adjustments to our Charge Pipe Kit for the DQ381 7-speed found in the MK7.5 (facelifted) models. From there, we use our in-house Stratasys 3D printer to create a rapid prototype using ABS plastic to allow for installation on the vehicle to quickly and efficiently verify fitment, etc. Once that's complete, pre-production prototyping begins. If pre-production prototypes are approved for fitment, we will begin testing the product on our development vehicles throughout the world, to ensure the product is sufficient in a multitude of conditions. After that, full production is approved and the product comes to market once production is complete. All that to say, it's in the works and we hope to have something to share very soon! Hopefully the added details give you a little insight on the things that go on behind the scenes to bring a quality product to market that our users' can invest their hard earned dollars on and be totally satisfied with it in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.