VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about selling my giac chip and go unitronic cause i was told i can run a big turbo with that software,do any of you guys know how much hp and torque that chip gives ? my car is a 03

· Registered
3,877 Posts
you can run big turbo software with big turbo hardware, if you get unitronic sw for stock turbo you will have to change it later on to big turbo software when you swap turbos, same goes for GIAC, i think they have some kind of big turbo sw as well.

· Registered
258 Posts
Re: (mescaline)

Quote, originally posted by mescaline »
you can run big turbo software with big turbo hardware, if you get unitronic sw for stock turbo you will have to change it later on to big turbo software when you swap turbos, same goes for GIAC, i think they have some kind of big turbo sw as well.

GIAC offers sw for the K04, but not much else.
but you may as well wait until u go BT because if you get a unitronic chip now, you will have to pay money still to upgrade, may as well not switch until u make the switch.

· Registered
1,347 Posts
Re: (a4speed)

Unitronic will offer you a slight discount if you have their existing software, and upgrade to their BT software. But you will save more money by just doing the switch directly from your GIAC to the Unitronic BT software. GIAC also offers BT software, but it is not as reputable as Unitronic's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.