VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought a 2016 Audi S3 and would like to get it tuned. I contacted the closest authorized dealer and they said there was not a tune available for my Vin number yet. Is there anyway I can check this myself so I can stay updated to when the tune becomes available? I'm also brand new to the forum so I apologize if this has been discussed already. Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
I recently bought a 2016 Audi S3 and would like to get it tuned. I contacted the closest authorized dealer and they said there was not a tune available for my Vin number yet. Is there anyway I can check this myself so I can stay updated to when the tune becomes available? I'm also brand new to the forum so I apologize if this has been discussed already. Thanks.
Once we have Performance Software compatible with the 2016+ "locked" ECU boxes, we'll be sure to announce it immediately to the public, so our recommendation is to follow us online throughout the forums/social media/etc.

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
Any plans for a 91 octane Stage-2 tune for the S3? your website just shows a 93 tune. Thanks!
Our Stage 2 software can be used with 91 octane, though, output may be reduced, as the ECU is compensating for the fuel quality difference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Our Stage 2 software can be used with 91 octane, though, output may be reduced, as the ECU is compensating for the fuel quality difference.
Thanks John, I take that to mean the answer is that it's not currently in the plans to offer a 91 octane specific stage-2 tune?

I would prefer not to rely so much on knock detection to reduce the timing from a 93 tune to work with 91.

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
Thanks John, I take that to mean the answer is that it's not currently in the plans to offer a 91 octane specific stage-2 tune?

I would prefer not to rely so much on knock detection to reduce the timing from a 93 tune to work with 91.
We can arrange to provide such, if you'd like.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We can arrange to provide such, if you'd like.
Thanks John, I appreciate the quick response.

I'm undecided as to which company to go with at the moment for a stage2 91 tune. I do like the flash-at-home ability of Unitronic, and the success Unitronic is having on the B8 S4 platform. Its really the flash-at-home ability that has me second guessing going with APR or GAIC.

I'm a bit conservative in that I like to see more examples of customers running a tune for a while to gain confidence in the product and for the kinks to get worked out by others.

I'll keep my eyes open just in case you guys decide to pursue this tune.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Once we have Performance Software compatible with the 2016+ "locked" ECU boxes, we'll be sure to announce it immediately to the public, so our recommendation is to follow us online throughout the forums/social media/etc.
Will you be releasing a Stage 2+ tune that would be for cars with the complete plumbing upgrades(IC, CAI, piping, etc.. )? Your required hardware for the current Stage 2 tune only lists the DP, which is clear, but if someone had a full suite of plumbing as well, I would think some additional HP/TQ would be there to get?

Off Topic kind of - Do you all plan to release turbo upgrade package like the one you have the A3/GTI's for S3/R's, where it would be a bigger turbo along with everything else?

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
Will you be releasing a Stage 2+ tune that would be for cars with the complete plumbing upgrades(IC, CAI, piping, etc.. )? Your required hardware for the current Stage 2 tune only lists the DP, which is clear, but if someone had a full suite of plumbing as well, I would think some additional HP/TQ would be there to get?

Off Topic kind of - Do you all plan to release turbo upgrade package like the one you have the A3/GTI's for S3/R's, where it would be a bigger turbo along with everything else?
We recommend using our Downpipe, Intercooler Upgrade, and Intake together for the best well-rounded vehicle. Through R&D, we couldn't associate any other upgrades like intercooler plumbing, using one of the items you mentioned as an example, with any gains that made those modifications justifiable for us to produce and offer to our Clients. We do plan to offer turbo upgrade solutions for the Golf R / S3, but I don't have any details on this to share at the moment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We recommend using our Downpipe, Intercooler Upgrade, and Intake together for the best well-rounded vehicle. Through R&D, we couldn't associate any other upgrades like intercooler plumbing, using one of the items you mentioned as an example, with any gains that made those modifications justifiable for us to produce and offer to our Clients. We do plan to offer turbo upgrade solutions for the Golf R / S3, but I don't have any details on this to share at the moment.
I appreciate the honesty on the hardware impacts to your tune and look forward to further developments.

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
Hey John, any news regarding the locked ECUs for '16 Rs? Production date 2015-08-21 if that helps. Really looking forward to getting the stage 1+.
Performance Software for MY2016 Golf R / S3 / TT-S is available!

Where I live, I have access to 92 octane via all of the Wawa's around (more so than 91 or 93). Would you recommend the S1 or S1+ ?

Thanks.
I haven't had much positive experience with Wawa/Costco/etc. brand 92 octane in the past, so I think you're best off with Stage 1, as a result.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi everyone. After The ecu and tcu tune are installed, can I already go flat-out and/or have a dyno session or do I have to take it easy for a bit? Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
Hi everyone. After The ecu and tcu tune are installed, can I already go flat-out and/or have a dyno session or do I have to take it easy for a bit? Thanks.
We'd suggest giving it ~25km of adaption before measuring output for most accurate results.

Where's the e85 tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't foresee this coming in the near future. Sorry.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts