VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks. I'm just waiting for the FedEx guy to arrive with my cable. I've been clicking refresh on the order tracking page constantly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi John,

I have had your Stage 2 tune for quite some time. I’m wondering if Unitronic updates the tunes from time to time. If yes, how do I know if I have the latest version?

Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
Hi John,

I have had your Stage 2 tune for quite some time. I’m wondering if Unitronic updates the tunes from time to time. If yes, how do I know if I have the latest version?

Thanks.
If we do an update, we'll notify affected users.

Does anyone here have the exhaust overrun tune installed? Thanks.
Yes, many people have it installed.

Patiently waiting for ecu/tcu tune for 2018 S3...
Email me your ECU box code; john [at] getunitronic [dot] com. ;)

2015 still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's one super early MY2015 ECU box code that hasn't gotten the Exhaust Overrun update yet; I'm assuming you're one of them. Sorry for the delay!

·
Registered
142 Posts
When installing the stage2+ crackle map, and already having the stage2+ and DSG tune will I have to reinstall DSG tune?

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
After installing stage2+ crackle tune I now have a exhaust control system light on. What’s up with that.

We don't offer a Stage 2+ ECU calibration for the MK7 Golf R or S3's. There's no on-going issues with the Exhaust Crackle/Overrun, so it's likely something specific to your vehicle. Please email support [at] getunitronic [dot] com with your full name, VIN, and the specific DTC, and we'd be happy to assist further.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We don't offer a Stage 2+ ECU calibration for the MK7 Golf R or S3's. There's no on-going issues with the Exhaust Crackle/Overrun, so it's likely something specific to your vehicle. Please email support [at] getunitronic [dot] com with your full name, VIN, and the specific DTC, and we'd be happy to assist further.

I know this is old, but so is trying to get a straight answer by other methods:

"Additional features encompassed with all Stages of Unitronic Performance Software for the 2.0 TSI Gen3 include:
• Left foot braking"

I don't seem to have this either in stage I, or Stage II. What do I have to do to get it?I put tickets in on it, called people... smoke signals?

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
I know this is old, but so is trying to get a straight answer by other methods:

"Additional features encompassed with all Stages of Unitronic Performance Software for the 2.0 TSI Gen3 include:
• Left foot braking"

I don't seem to have this either in stage I, or Stage II. What do I have to do to get it?I put tickets in on it, called people... smoke signals?
No need to send smoke signals! Please email me directly at js[at]getunitronic[dot]com with your VIN and full name and I'll get back in touch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi John,

Do your tunes differentiate between cars with and without stock port injection? Do cars with stock port injection have more power potential?

Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi John,

Do your tunes differentiate between cars with and without stock port injection? Do cars with stock port injection have more power potential?

Thanks.
That's a good question, I'd be interested to know that too - however my guess is that at "Stage II" levels it would be the same, but with a bigger turbo you can probably get more power before having to do fuel pump upgrades.

·
Vendor
1,541 Posts
Hi John,

Thanks.
No, it does not differ. The added fuel does bring the potential for supporting higher power levels if you're missing fuel to begin with. In most cases, that is not the case on the stock frame turbocharger unless you're using Ethanol, etc.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If we do an update, we'll notify affected users.

Yes, many people have it installed.

Email me your ECU box code; john [at] getunitronic [dot] com. ;)

There's one super early MY2015 ECU box code that hasn't gotten the Exhaust Overrun update yet; I'm assuming you're one of them. Sorry for the delay!
John, i sent you an email...

41 - 60 of 61 Posts