VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
@[email protected] have you guys ever test fit your MQB charge pipes on the Tiguan? I've been playing around with the idea of WMI to prolong valve cleaning intervals, and your throttle pipe would be an easy nozzle mounting solution.
Would your 1+ tune play nice with low flow WMI (250cc nozzle turned down, 70W:30M)?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ran a few 0-60’s today and best run was 7.236 and was able to average 7.445. So that was nice to see. Could have run better gas than the sh!tty Costco 91 octane. Our Shell 91 has 5% ethanol and as soon as I do my IE intake on the Allrack, I will move over my modified stock intake on to the Tiguan. I am sure with all of this I can get a 6.9 on the Tiguan which would be nice. Maybe even better with some lighter wheels and new tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ran a few 0-60’s today and best run was 7.236 and was able to average 7.445. So that was nice to see. Could have run better gas than the sh!tty Costco 91 octane. Our Shell 91 has 5% ethanol and as soon as I do my IE intake on the Allrack, I will move over my modified stock intake on to the Tiguan. I am sure with all of this I can get a 6.9 on the Tiguan which would be nice. Maybe even better with some lighter wheels and new tires.
Costco only sells Top Tier™ registered gasoline, and considering the traffic they get at the pumps, it should always be fresh. No worries with Costco fuel quality, and the cheap price is just due to the membership model. The CEO even told the board to f themselves when they wanted to stop hotdog sales at the snack counter because it loses money. Their gasoline is probably break even or slightly negative margin as well.

Great to see the tune knocked off about 1-1.2 sec from 0-60. What about rolling acceleration, like 30-75 or 50-75? It seems like that's where the Tiguan struggles mose (i.e. on-ramp accel. or highway passing).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just did 0-60’s but was hoping for more tests and some 1/4 miles.

A local guys has done testing (BC Canada) with several 91 octane from different stations and they are not all created equally. On the test car the Costco gas produced 20-25 WHP less than Shell 91. Also the ethanol amount can be from 0-10% as they say it contain up to 10% ethanol.

After 5 rounds of testing local gas over 2 years I can assure you the guy that did the tests has shown that unless you are testing the gas you do not know what you do not know. I used to think that all gas was created the same only to be proven wrong multiple times.

It is not that Costco gas is bad but more like there is a better option available. But you pay to play and for normal day to day you can’t go wrong with Costco. Doing testing to see what is possible then I run Shell!

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
What's your email address?
js[at]getunitronic.com
Unfortunately, that's not a fit for me then. Seems like more gains, but the Nuespeed option apparently can't be 'seen' when removed. That's more where my comfort rests. Thanks for the details!
A piggy back / tuning box is basically just fooling the ECU into increasing the performance of the engine, so if you are really concerned with the longevity of your engine and transmission, getting a proper ECU tune is certainly best.

@[email protected] have you guys ever test fit your MQB charge pipes on the Tiguan? I've been playing around with the idea of WMI to prolong valve cleaning intervals, and your throttle pipe would be an easy nozzle mounting solution.
Would your 1+ tune play nice with low flow WMI (250cc nozzle turned down, 70W:30M)?
We have Charge Pipes and an Intercooler Upgrade for the MQB Tiguan launching soon. Keep an eye out for it coming very soon!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Agreed. Having a more power over the Stage 1 91 file would be great. Will be working on the Air Intake as soon as I get those parts off the Alltrack and put on the Tiguan. I think the issue that Unitronic might have with a higher stage is the week transmission that these Tiggy's have.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That would be a good idea. With the normal Unitronic tunes you get a fair bit to torque and normally less horsepower. If they were able to say do 300 torque and 300 hp you just keep the torque as to the 1+ tune but just increase the HP for Stage 2. I think 300/300 would be nice for this. Also done at 91 octane if possible. To me that would be amazing and I know the wife would go for that.

Maybe just by adding a DP and tune this would be possible?

Having a 300/300 Tiguan and a 352/324 Alltrack would be great.

Just need the Alltrack to get sorted out. My tuner and John have been discussing it.

Only Unitronic tunes for me.

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello per above just bought a SE-R Black line, is this available for the 22s?

Are software and hardware transferable to another vehicle? Let's say if I decide the sell the vehicle after one year? Will I be stuck with the cable assigned to my VIN?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know some of you were patiently waiting for Intercooler and Charge Pipe options so I just wanted to circle back and share the good news!

Hi John,

Any update on the 2022 ECU flash? And the correct 2022 turbo muffler delete?

·
Registered
'22 Tiguan SEL R-Line
423 Posts
Hi John,

Any update on the 2022 ECU flash? And the correct 2022 turbo muffler delete?
About once a month he replies to me, with a canned response, “they have made internal progress, and hope to have news in a week or so”. This has been going on since November. Mind you, I paid for a tune in October… lesson learned, don’t pay until you know they have your tune.

·
Registered
'22 Tiguan SEL R-Line
423 Posts
Sounds like some of the '22 Tigs have files ready, my SEL 4-Motion is hopefully soon.

Latest e-mail today from John:
"I was hoping to have files online for all 2.0TSI GEN3-B DTEA box codes last week. I managed to get the majority of them online. Unfortunately yours (83A907115G/0001) is one of the few that we are still working on. I expect it to be online later this week or next week."

181 - 200 of 200 Posts