VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just an update. Did a few pulls with a buddy in his 2019 tiggy with apr plus only. I'm currently running unitronic 1+ with cts intake and turbo inlet. Unfortunately my wife accidentally filled with 87, but after 5 runs I pulled ahead on all but the first one. Especially on the top end. Thoroughly happy with this tune still after 1500mi with it (2100 total on a 2020 tiggy) definitely hoping for more powerful tunes but would settle for at least a trans tune 😬

·
Registered
20' Tiguan SE 4Motion:: CTSTurbo Inlet and Intake:: SoloWerk S1:: 22 Roti JDR:: Stage1+ Uni tune.
25 Posts
Hi All,
I'm having problems when trying to download the software to my laptop, something or some program, I think is blocking it from installing it. Any help will be appreciated.
Try to see if you have a blocking for the Downloader to take place

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20' Tiguan SE 4Motion:: CTSTurbo Inlet and Intake:: SoloWerk S1:: 22 Roti JDR:: Stage1+ Uni tune.
25 Posts
I'm having trouble getting the difference between stage 1 and stage 1+. What am I getting for the plus?
You getting a higher octane acceptance so from 91 to 93 and higher and also more power outta the performance of that grade of fuel.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally got the Unitronic Stage 1 tune yesterday after lot of forum surfing. I have a '19 SEL-P 4motion with dealer installed OEM Towing control module. I was a bit worried about the ECU flash messing up the coding for Towing controller but the flashing went smoothly. I just started with the 87 octane tune to start with and the vehicle handling at low-end is night and day better than the original tune.

If Unitronic ever decides to get a TCU tune as well, I will be first in line to get it. Thanks a lot foks!
edit: added 4motion

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey [email protected], who do I talk to about some issues I've noticed with my tune on the vehicle. Issue is when in drive (most of the time, not as bad in sport) the boost surges up and down and sometimes even to the point of the car surging. I have an intake so I can hear the boost surging it happens under 1/4 and 1/2 throttle almost every time. Is there revisions? A way to data log?

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Okay, So as someone that lives in a state with only 91 Octane is there any benefit with going with 1+ over 1?
The difference between Stage 1+ is the requirement to use 93oct, so if you only have access to 91oct, Stage 1 will the the best choice. You can not use Performance Software with a lower fuel quality rating than what is advertised (ex. Stage 1+ with 91 octane).

Hey [email protected], who do I talk to about some issues I've noticed with my tune on the vehicle. Issue is when in drive (most of the time, not as bad in sport) the boost surges up and down and sometimes even to the point of the car surging. I have an intake so I can hear the boost surging it happens under 1/4 and 1/2 throttle almost every time. Is there revisions? A way to data log?
Please shoot me an email to js[at]getunitronic.com with your full name, cable number (or VIN), a complete list of modifications, and a thorough summary/description of the situation and I'd be happy to help further.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just performed this tune to my 2018 SEL and I have to say it is great! Drive Mode now feels like the Sport mode was and Sport Mode is now much more enjoyable. I always keep my fluids fresh and only use stock part. All seems fine. Stage 1 is a great upgrade for any Tiguan owner and feel that it is relatively safe to perform. Thanks Unitronic!

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Hey [email protected],

I want to purchase the tune and cable directly from you guys. Am I able to do that? I sent an email to support but never got a response.
You sure can, but we encourage you to purchase through our Authorized Dealer Network. Many of them make it pretty simple to purchase directly online with the UniCONNECT+ cable. Shoot me an email to js[at]getunitronic.com.

I just performed this tune to my 2018 SEL and I have to say it is great! Drive Mode now feels like the Sport mode was and Sport Mode is now much more enjoyable. I always keep my fluids fresh and only use stock part. All seems fine. Stage 1 is a great upgrade for any Tiguan owner and feel that it is relatively safe to perform. Thanks Unitronic!
Thanks for your feedback; glad you're enjoying it!
:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking at adding Stage 1 or 1+ to my wife's 2020 Tiguan (might become mine soon) but we don't always put 93 octane in it, sometimes it 89. Is it correct that if I purchase stage 1+ that I can roll it over to stage 1 87 octane. I know the benefits of 93 and the additional power but just looking at the options without causing damage.

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
I'm looking at adding Stage 1 or 1+ to my wife's 2020 Tiguan (might become mine soon) but we don't always put 93 octane in it, sometimes it 89. Is it correct that if I purchase stage 1+ that I can roll it over to stage 1 87 octane. I know the benefits of 93 and the additional power but just looking at the options without causing damage.
Yes, you can purchase Stage 1+, which will give you access to Stage 1+ for 93 AKI, Stage 1 for 91 AKI, and Stage 1 for 87 AKI, along with stock. You can reflash the ECU between the different ECU calibrations as often as you'd like.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What do you list for HP and lb-ft for the 87 octane. For the 91 you list 227/290 where APR lists 239/277. They list 234/270 for 87. Looking to get a Tiguan for my wife and a tune will be mandatory as stock is too low for this vehicle.

141 - 160 of 200 Posts