VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
What do you list for HP and lb-ft for the 87 octane. For the 91 you list 227/290 where APR lists 239/277. They list 234/270 for 87. Looking to get a Tiguan for my wife and a tune will be mandatory as stock is too low for this vehicle.
Yes, you can find engine HP and Torque (lb-ft) power figures directly on our website.

Unitronic Stage 1 (87 octane)
210hp / 274 lb-ft trq

Unitronic Stage 1 (91 octane)
227hp / 290 lb-ft trq

Unitronic Stage 1+ (93 octane)
249hp / 304 lb-ft trq

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you get setup with a Unitronic Tune for your wife's Tiguan!

·
Registered
'22 Tiguan SEL R-Line
423 Posts
Do you guys have a tune available yet for a '22 Tiguan SEL w/ 4-Motion? I used APR for my previous '17 GTI, but they said they don't have a tune for my ECU yet (HW: H31). Definitely need to get this thing tuned to wake it up a bit.

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Do you guys have a tune available yet for a '22 Tiguan SEL w/ 4-Motion? I used APR for my previous '17 GTI, but they said they don't have a tune for my ECU yet (HW: H31). Definitely need to get this thing tuned to wake it up a bit.
Could you email me your ECU ID, ECU Revision and VIN to js[at]getunitronic.com, please?

·
Registered
'22 Tiguan SEL R-Line
423 Posts
Also curious to know if you guys offer one for the '22 SE R-Line w/ 4motion. I'll be sending an email also lol.

If you’re stage1+ and can only find less than 91 octane do you HAVE to retune? Or is it safe to run?
I doubt it, they didn't end up having mine. For reference, my '22 SEL has ECU Software: 83A907115G Rev: 0001

** EDIT: But Note, John is working on it, so hopefully soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I doubt it, they didn't end up having mine. For reference, my '22 SEL has ECU Software: 83A907115G Rev: 0001

Hopefully soon. My dealership said they are tuner friendly and recommend these guys so hopefully can get some of that 1+ goodness lol. In the mean time I’ll look for intakes and all that jazz lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Recently got Stage 1+ on my 19' Tiggy. It's been a different machine since. I still feel a little lag sometimes. Does anyone with the tune AND BMS pedal turner chime in? I'm considering it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Recently got Stage 1+ on my 19' Tiggy. It's been a different machine since. I still feel a little lag sometimes. Does anyone with the tune AND BMS pedal turner chime in? I'm considering it.
Do you have an OBDeleven? if so maybe try doing the throttle pedal response mod. (Seen it posted in the Golf R section a few times)

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Also curious to know if you guys offer one for the '22 SE R-Line w/ 4motion. I'll be sending an email also lol.

If you’re stage1+ and can only find less than 91 octane do you HAVE to retune? Or is it safe to run?
Yes, please send me an email with your ECU ID and ECU Revision Number and I'll confirm. If we don't have your OEM ECU Revision compiled and online, we'll be working on compiling it and making it available for all.

If you're using our Stage 1+ and happen to encounter a situation where you can only get 91 octane or less, you should reflash to Stage 1 87oct or Stage 1 91oct.

(y)

Really glad you're enjoying our ECU Performance Software. I wouldn't recommend using a accelerator pedal position modifier.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi All,

I just bought a new 2021 2.0 TSI AWD Tiguan, really looking into this upgrade, first of all i have never done it, and i have read it is backwards compatible to factory flash, my concern is, if i reflash my ecu to stage 1+ tune and then flash it back to factory tune for car maintenance, are they going to notice it that i have been running some tune on this car? Will it avoid any warranty?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi All,

This is my review on Stage 1 91oct. tune on my 2018 Highline, that was done in August. I have been driving with it a bit now and its been great overall. Normal driving mode improved and the most notice you relay feel is in sports mode. Sports mode is quite responsive and it does take little bit to get use to it, in good way. So I'm quite happy with the tune.

But, on negative side the leg is still present, not as often as before tune, it comes and goes. Sometimes you are driving and the gear shifting is so smooth and its just pleasant ride, gears are just lovely. But unfortunate there is not enough of those days and car still posses that confusion between 1.2.3 gear.
Conclusion, quite happy with the tune, great purchase and thank you unitronic, I just wish some of these annoying issues would be resolved.

I'm bringing something else here regarding the shifting issue, audi q3 has the same engine with same transmission 8speed (same HP, same TQ). Its seems that Q3 doesn't have these problems and gear shifting is lot more smoother and there hasn't been same gear shifting in Q3. Looked at some 2022 tiguan reviews and it looks like this has been eliminated in new tiguan, shifting is lot more smoother, like audi Q3. My question is, did anyone come across any of this or is q3 equipment a lot different then tiguan and that's why is this issue is relay noticeable in tiguan, which VW try to address it with some equipment and tune mapping change which made some improvements but not enough. Is there possibility to copy q3 transmission mapping for tiguan and second question, is unitronic working on transmission tune?

Thanks

Bojan

·
Registered
143 Posts
Appreciate some help here - admit, I don't have time to scour 9 pages, so it may be here.

How does this impact the OEM and any extended warranties? If I remove the tune before going to the dealer, will they ever be able to tell that the tune was there? That's my biggest concern - over the engine AND tranny.

Thank you,
Shumax

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, please send me an email with your ECU ID and ECU Revision Number and I'll confirm. If we don't have your OEM ECU Revision compiled and online, we'll be working on compiling it and making it available for all.

If you're using our Stage 1+ and happen to encounter a situation where you can only get 91 octane or less, you should reflash to Stage 1 87oct or Stage 1 91oct.

(y)

Really glad you're enjoying our ECU Performance Software. I wouldn't recommend using a accelerator pedal position modifier.
What's your email address?

·
Registered
16,910 Posts
Appreciate some help here - admit, I don't have time to scour 9 pages, so it may be here.

How does this impact the OEM and any extended warranties? If I remove the tune before going to the dealer, will they ever be able to tell that the tune was there? That's my biggest concern - over the engine AND tranny.

Thank you,
Shumax
Yup

If you're concerned, at all, about your engine/transmission warranty...then simply don't tune it
You gotta pay to play

161 - 180 of 200 Posts