VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

**Unitronic TCU Performance Software for DQ381 - NOW AVAILABLE**

41K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Dnouwes 
#1 ·

Unitronic® TCU Performance Software is NOW AVAILABLE for the 7-speed DQ380/381 DSG® transmission found in the facelifted 2018+ (8V) S3 and MK7.5 Golf R.

Unitronic's TCU Performance Software is compatible with UniCONNECT+, empowering Clients to tune it themselves directly through the OBD-2 port within minutes, from the comfort of their own home or garage.
[HR][/HR]
FEATURES (Stage 1 & 2)

End-User Programmable with UniCONNECT+Flash your TCU from the comfort of your own home or garage. Within minutes (approximately 70-seconds to be exact on this platform), you'll be enjoying an entirely transformed driving experience.

Optimized D & Sport Modes
D-mode is optimized for everyday daily driving and economy, while S-mode is optimized for faster acceleration.

Dual Setpoint Adjustable Launch Control

Unitronic has adjusted the launch control RPM setpoints to allow for quicker acceleration off the launch control. Dual-stage launch control allows users to choose between two different launch control RPM setpoints based on the current conditions observed. (surface conditions, tires, etc.) Launch Control Setpoint 1 is activated at 100% pedal position, without engaging the kick-down switch. Launch Control Setpoint 2 is activated at "110%" pedal position. (100% pedal position with the kick-down switch engaged)

Quicker Gear Shifts

Unitronic's TCU Performance Software calibration enhances the gear shift speeds making them up to 70% quicker.

FEATURES (Stage 2 only)

Raised Torque Limiters

Unitronic's Stage 2 TCU Performance Software calibrations increase TCU torque limiters to allow for an increased output and has been developed alongside Unitronic's upcoming Stage 2 ECU Performance Software for the ultimate overall experience.

Increased Clutch Clamping Pressure

Unitronic's Stage 2 TCU Performance Software calibrations increase clutch clamping pressure and has been developed in conjunction with and alongside Unitronic's Stage 2 ECU Performance Software, supporting the increase in engine torque output and ensuring that the clutches properly grip allowing for the higher output to be sustained.
[HR][/HR]
Take advantage of our Software Value Packages

Already a Unitronic flashed customer? Receive an instant 100$ Rebate on the Unitronic Performance Software for DSG.

Combine purchases of Unitronic Performance Software for ECU and TCU and receive a 150$ Rebate
[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]

See less See more
#3 ·
Yay! I was planning to wait until my car is out of warranty (about 2 years for me) before doing the Unitronic Stage 2 ECU and TCU tunes, but I don't think I'm going to make it.

#7 ·
Any update? Seems like I've only been able to find one case on the MK7 forum where the DSG issue was not fixed by the flash.

I would be looking to do a ECU + TCU tune at the same time. If this doesn't fix the issue, I'm going to wait and see what the other shops come out with.

#8 ·
I don't suppose this tune stops the car from shifting for you at redline in manual mode? That's the only thing I don't like about this otherwise excellent auto/manual transmission. The slushbox in my 2014 Mazda3 let's me bang into the redline all I want. In manual mode, I don't want it shifting there.

#9 ·
TCU software torque limit

Hello,
What is the highest torque limit for Unitronic TCU stage 2 software?
I am planning on upgrading my IS38 turbocharger to a hybrid unit with a max of 450LbFt and wanted to inquire if my stage 2 TCU Unitronic software would be able to support that much torque.

Thanks in advance.

#10 ·
Hello,
What is the highest torque limit for Unitronic TCU stage 2 software?
I am planning on upgrading my IS38 turbocharger to a hybrid unit with a max of 450LbFt and wanted to inquire if my stage 2 TCU Unitronic software would be able to support that much torque.

Thanks in advance.
We suggest using the same tuner for both the ECU and TCU for the best overall experience. Do you plan to use both our ECU and TCU software together?

#15 ·
I've be reading about Unitronic for months before getting the tunes. I'm in California and I'm getting stage 1. I'll ask the dealer about stage 1+ with 91 octane when I'm at the dealer getting tunes. As for stage 2, I've read that there is stage 2, 91 octane available. You have to contact Unitronic directly.

#14 ·
Revisit old question - does the combo ecu/tco get rid of cruise to downshift/WOT stumble?
If so might be worth a complete swap from APR to Unitronics

#22 ·
Soooo I bought my tcu tune, go through the setup and whenever I try to get into performance transmission flash file I get an error and it tells me to turn off the ignition and hit done. What would cause this? I tried calling unitronic but you guys are closed until the new year.

#23 ·
By chance do you have another tcu tune on your transmission you're trying to overwrite? I had a similar problem with another vendor and all I had to do was to flash the TCU back to stock before I flashed the tune but that was not with Unitronic's. Happy Holidays!

Reactions: Dnouwes
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.