VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
2,481 - 2,500 of 2,586 Posts
Poor customer communication and false statements (Updated Stage1 will be available for the Turbo Inlet, Stage 3 soon, exhausts, No lift shift etc etc) don't do much for credibility and just leave you wanting to go with a co. who want to get their customers excited about the car during the time that they own it. On top of that if they either can't develop the platform or say they will and dont - what message does that send to prospective customers? Say you will release something and do it or jsut dont.
I wouldnt say poor customer communication John helped me out quick and fast when I had a problem with my dsg tune on my 18 R! But ya if you are coming out with something have a release date and so on! I think they are just focusing on the rs3 more now, no idea why way more R's on the road so more cars means more money in my opinion but who knows what there margins are like!

I wouldnt say poor customer communication John helped me out quick and fast when I had a problem with my dsg tune on my 18 R! But ya if you are coming out with something have a release date and so on! I think they are just focusing on the rs3 more now, no idea why way more R's on the road so more cars means more money in my opinion but who knows what there margins are like!
When I have dealt with John he has been responsive on a personal level but the co. communication is poorly managed. If it was better managed they'd have a lot high brand loyalty and probably make more money and not have the reputation of making erroneous claims and not being able to deliver.

I decided on a cobb ap and am running eqt stage 2 e30. This allows me to work up to the hybrid without having to go all in at once. And having a device that logs is a bonus, that was never going to happen with the uni connect. Still love my uni stuff but I basically hit a brick wall.

Jumping ship as well, having logging is a Huge help. Funny how whenever you have Unitronic issues with a flash, when you contact CS...they ask for logging and they can't even get this working on their own software :screwy::screwy:

Jumping ship as well, having logging is a Huge help. Funny how whenever you have Unitronic issues with a flash, when you contact CS...they ask for logging and they can't even get this working on their own software :screwy::screwy:
you can data log with vagcom and cant own a vw without vagcom ;) Loved Eurodyne on my old mk4 gti for the logging tho

anyone hear about apr not making downpipes anymore? I wonder if this is why Unitronic has not gave any updates epa issues maybe?

Well there was that time they released the stage 2 crackle tune with a bug that blew a couple engines cause those people were stacking and then updated it silently not informing the customers they fixed it. I might call that poor communication. [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I decided on a cobb ap and am running eqt stage 2 e30. This allows me to work up to the hybrid without having to go all in at once. And having a device that logs is a bonus, that was never going to happen with the uni connect. Still love my uni stuff but I basically hit a brick wall.
Same. Got sick of waiting. The e30 tune is so fast, I may not even need to go stage III. But maybe the 85?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Question for John @ Unitronic.

Since Unitronic is based in Laval, QC, Canada.

What are the implications on Unitronic of the US EPA crackdown on aftermarket emissions defeat devices, that have apparently cause APR, and others to discontinue Stage 2 software and down-pipes. (lots of threads popping up about it) in TCL and these sub-forums.

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/nat...termarket-defeat-devices-vehicles-and-engines

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/ep...iorities-enforcement-and-compliance-assurance

Specific questions:

1) Is Unitronic DP catalyst in OEM location?
2) Is the catalyst used OEM or equivalent?
3) Do catalysts fail over the life of the car? - As in should I buy a spare while I still can?

Surely if you create a DP with the cat in stock location and to whatever the cat spec is in your state then its legal? Why not just re-engineer the DP if its not compliant.
Also... even without a DP a hybrid turbo is going to give you more bhp although not as much of course - so surely they would still develop a new turbo for this platform?

Question for John @ Unitronic.

Since Unitronic is based in Laval, QC, Canada.

What are the implications on Unitronic of the US EPA crackdown on aftermarket emissions defeat devices, that have apparently cause APR, and others to discontinue Stage 2 software and down-pipes. (lots of threads popping up about it) in TCL and these sub-forums.

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/nat...termarket-defeat-devices-vehicles-and-engines

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/ep...iorities-enforcement-and-compliance-assurance

Specific questions:

1) Is Unitronic DP catalyst in OEM location?
2) Is the catalyst used OEM or equivalent?
3) Do catalysts fail over the life of the car? - As in should I buy a spare while I still can?
uni downpipe has one flow 200 cell cat, where oem has two cats so it wont even be close to the same.... I believe all oem cats and emission related parts have 12 year warranty other then sensors! I bet 60% or more of unitronic's yearly income comes for the usa I could be wrong tho no idea how many dealers the have in the states, so yes epa stuff would effect them most likely :( I just want a big turbo kit from them since I already invested in their products which I love but ya and sadly my turbo is on its way out :(

uni downpipe has one flow 200 cell cat, where oem has two cats so it wont even be close to the same.... I believe all oem cats and emission related parts have 12 year warranty other then sensors! I bet 60% or more of unitronic's yearly income comes for the usa I could be wrong tho no idea how many dealers the have in the states, so yes epa stuff would effect them most likely :( I just want a big turbo kit from them since I already invested in their products which I love but ya and sadly my turbo is on its way out :(
In some places 15 year 150,000mi on emissions systems.

For PZEV GTI's the turbo is covered by this warranty.

John@Unitronic, it's been 4 months without development updates on this Hybrid.... Whats UP? :wave::wave::wave:
I started looking at other options. Turbo Technics out of the UK have a great reputation and have 3 options for the R. I'm leaning towards the S276 'Quickspool' as I dont want to go over about 420bhp with my clutch.
I wonder how much boost demand versus actual boost level you see with the stock turbo at stage 2 and whether you'd see much in the way of gains with not changing software (assuming Uni never release their Stg3 software)

Unitronic stage one - EPC light and Overboost code

2016 GTI, stock other than a recently added stage one tune. Took it to the drags to try it out and got a EPC light 3/4 track. Turned the car off then on again and it went away. Took it the next week to get scanned and got this: 1 Fault Found
14913 - Boost Pressure Regulation
PO234 00 [096]- Limit Exceeded (Overboost Condition)

Called Unitronic and they said to try different gas or consider going back to stock. I'm in Saskatchewan and i'm running Husky94 gas which is pretty awesome. All the tuned cars out here run this. It's past 15 days so no warranty and i'm stuck with this.

So i tried gas they recommended Shell V-Power 91, took it to the track again and same thing happened. I'll be getting another scan this week, but i'm pretty bummed out i'm stuck with this tune.

Anyone else get these codes with Unitronic?

2016 GTI, stock other than a recently added stage one tune. Took it to the drags to try it out and got a EPC light 3/4 track. Turned the car off then on again and it went away. Took it the next week to get scanned and got this: 1 Fault Found
14913 - Boost Pressure Regulation
PO234 00 [096]- Limit Exceeded (Overboost Condition)

Called Unitronic and they said to try different gas or consider going back to stock. I'm in Saskatchewan and i'm running Husky94 gas which is pretty awesome. All the tuned cars out here run this. It's past 15 days so no warranty and i'm stuck with this.

So i tried gas they recommended Shell V-Power 91, took it to the track again and same thing happened. I'll be getting another scan this week, but i'm pretty bummed out i'm stuck with this tune.

Anyone else get these codes with Unitronic?
thats not a tune or fuel issue.... most likely one of these issues!

Boost Pressure Control Valve (N75) faulty
Boost Pressure Sensor (G31) faulty

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16618/P0234/000564

2,481 - 2,500 of 2,586 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.