VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to KTR today to strap the car down to get an idea what's up. Did a bunch of logs so if someone wants to use some excel wizardry be my guest, I suck at it. Final results were 274whp and 245wtq. Turbo is an ITS T3/T4 46trim, .48ar. 440's @ 3 bar. All in all not bad but definitely kinda disappointing. Here's the best run and the a/f's vs. boost for the runs made.

cross post from elitedubs.com

·
Registered
14,374 Posts
Re: Unitronic V.1 Dyno (QuickK03Crap)

Quote, originally posted by QuickK03Crap »
21-22ish, it's on the right of the AF printout.

yeah i noticed it after i posted
, I thought a 46 trim .48 would spool much faster.. I get 11psi at 4000rpm and it looks like he gets the same.

Modified by O2VW1.8T at 2:30 AM 7-21-2005

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Re: Unitronic V.1 Dyno (KGilman)

the curve does look really nice, however I did think this turbo would both spool a bit quicker and produce a bit more power, what was the conditions? was it on pump 91 or 93? any timming logs?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Unitronic V.1 Dyno (DubTron41)

Quote, originally posted by DubTron41 »
the curve does look really nice, however I did think this turbo would both spool a bit quicker and produce a bit more power, what was the conditions? was it on pump 91 or 93? any timming logs?

It was on 93 and yeah the spoolup is all wrong. I sent the logs to QuickK03crap and I believe that he is working on it. I was hoping for exactly the opposite as far as spoolup characteristics.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Unitronic V.1 Dyno (T-Boy)

Quote, originally posted by T-Boy »
why didn't you rev it out more? you stoped a little past 6grand....

Wasn't in the driver's seat, and to be honest I picked this turbo so that I wouldn't have to rev to 7 grand to make power.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I don't think that's bad at all considering that Michal told me when I got V1 that it was a very "conservative" tune. When he loaded the V2 file at Watefest the first thing I said after we went flying to Englishtown was "WTF did you do...top end is sick". The other thing I noticed was spoolup. It's a smooth QUICK spoolup compared to V1. Again...these are just my observations. When I said these things he just laughed and said "I told you so".
Not saying one thing or the other, just saying factually that Michal told me (well Kilmer420) on the phone that the version 1 file was a very conservative tune. He stated I would be around 275whp at 20psi.
Additionally, I'd rather have a nice smooth curve than a peak. I think your dyno looks just fine. Wait until you get V2.
I will be dyno'ing V2 at the LATEST first week of August.
Don...another version already?
I just got Version 2 damn it!!!

One my OBDTool.com cable arrives tomorrow I will do extensive logs of Version 2. I can say that I personally am extremely happy with version 2 as I was very happy with version 1.
What #'s were you expecting with that turbo out of curiousity?

Modified by GT_Series_18T at 12:10 AM 7-21-2005

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.