VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unitronic Wideband ECU Conversion Harness

Unitronic is pleased to present it's plug and play Wideband ECU Conversion Harness. Designed to easily convert your vehicle's wiring harness to accept a wideband oxygen sensor and Bosch 1.8T Wideband ECU. Narrowband ECU's do not have the ability to provide dynamic lambda control, therefore, many tuners, including Unitronic, require converting to a wideband ECU for a better tuning experience and overall improved drive-ability. Including complete detailed instructions, Unitronic's Wideband Conversion Harnesses are constructed using OEM connectors, high quality 16awg and 22awg wire, and feature pin-out labeling to ensure a easy and efficient installation. For non-VVT equipped engines, a resistor is also pre-wired to ensure a CEL free operation. Guaranteed to always be in stock and priced competitively!

• OEM / Tyco Connectors
  • High quality 16awg and 22awg wire
  • Pin-out labels on wire ends to ensure a fast and easy installation
  • Includes resistor for non-VVT 1.8T's.

CLICK HERE for more information or to order!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm trying to understand if I need this harness or not. Car is a 1.8t APH beetle that I want to change the ECU to a AWP. My research and understanding is that the APH computer is wide band already, just slow. Is this harness necessary in this context?

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to understand if I need this harness or not. Car is a 1.8t APH beetle that I want to change the ECU to a AWP. My research and understanding is that the APH computer is wide band already, just slow. Is this harness necessary in this context?
APH 1.8T's use a Narrowband ECU/o2 sensor, but this harness is not directly compatible with your vehicle. The best option for you, if you want to make the swap to Wideband, is to use a Wideband New Beetle Harness and ECU and perform a complete harness swap. Why do you want to swap to wideband? What are your plans?

·
Registered
53 Posts
APH 1.8T's use a Narrowband ECU/o2 sensor, but this harness is not directly compatible with your vehicle. The best option for you, if you want to make the swap to Wideband, is to use a Wideband New Beetle Harness and ECU and perform a complete harness swap. Why do you want to swap to wideband? What are your plans?
Sorry, didn't see your reply. I don't have a narrowband ECU, the aph is a wideband, when it warms up, i'll go check the o2 again, but pretty sure it was 4 wire. I want to upgrade becauase the APH is slow and limits my upgrade path. Noth looking for a lot, 250 flywheel hp give or take. That's the main reason for the change. I want to be able to run a bigger turbo eventually.

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, didn't see your reply. I don't have a narrowband ECU, the aph is a wideband, when it warms up, i'll go check the o2 again, but pretty sure it was 4 wire. I want to upgrade becauase the APH is slow and limits my upgrade path. Noth looking for a lot, 250 flywheel hp give or take. That's the main reason for the change. I want to be able to run a bigger turbo eventually.
Shoot me an email to [email protected] and we can discuss the details a bit further. :thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unitronic Wideband Conversion Harnesses are on sale through Jan. 3 2014 at 10% off MSRP! Always in stock, ready to ship!
Hi I am planning on doing a k04 swap on my 01 Jetta AWD and my friend that I am buying the k04 and Audi TT injectors from has maestro 7. After doing some research I have found out that maestro 7 in not compatible with my engine code due to it being narrowband. So my question is do you know if this conversion harness is the only thing I need to convert my car over to AWW or AWP? Sorry for the lack of knowledge however I am new to VW scene and actually new to the car scene period.

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi I am planning on doing a k04 swap on my 01 Jetta AWD and my friend that I am buying the k04 and Audi TT injectors from has maestro 7. After doing some research I have found out that maestro 7 in not compatible with my engine code due to it being narrowband. So my question is do you know if this conversion harness is the only thing I need to convert my car over to AWW or AWP? Sorry for the lack of knowledge however I am new to VW scene and actually new to the car scene period.
Please email me at [email protected] and we can get all the details and discuss further! :thumbup:

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What ecu's will this work for ( i.e. aeb to aww, awd to awp)
This harness is designed to convert a Narrowband (AWD) to Wideband (AWP) ECU. AEB to AWM is a more complex swap than just Wideband Conversion, unfortunately. Send me an email directly if you have any further specific questions that I can assist you with!

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can this be used on a Audi TT 1.8t ATC to AWP ecu swap?
This harness is designed to convert a Narrowband (AWD) to Wideband (AWP) ECU. You can utilize our Wideband Conversion Harness with your ATC, but please be aware there is more to be done than just installing the Wideband Conversion Harness for your application. Feel free to email me directly for more information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unitronic Wideband ECU Conversion Harness

Unitronic is pleased to present it's plug and play Wideband ECU Conversion Harness. Designed to easily convert your vehicle's wiring harness to accept a wideband oxygen sensor and Bosch 1.8T Wideband ECU. Narrowband ECU's do not have the ability to provide dynamic lambda control, therefore, many tuners, including Unitronic, require converting to a wideband ECU for a better tuning experience and overall improved drive-ability. Including complete detailed instructions, Unitronic's Wideband Conversion Harnesses are constructed using OEM connectors, high quality 16awg and 22awg wire, and feature pin-out labeling to ensure a easy and efficient installation. For non-VVT equipped engines, a resistor is also pre-wired to ensure a CEL free operation. Guaranteed to always be in stock and priced competitively!

• OEM / Tyco Connectors
  • High quality 16awg and 22awg wire
  • Pin-out labels on wire ends to ensure a fast and easy installation
  • Includes resistor for non-VVT 1.8T's.

CLICK HERE for more information or to order!

I see these back in stock, I’m questioning whether I not I need this. My plans for the future are to overhaul my engine and swap a big turbo into it. I want the 630cc tune but I would like to be able to adjust my own fueling and timing accordingly to achieve the most out of the tune. Does this make it possible?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I already have your software for stage 2 on a stock engine, I love the drive and would really like to stick with your company and not get a new ecu entirely when I go with the BT tune

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.