VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i wanted to listen to some music on my iPhone in my e-Golf.

When i tried to select my already paired iPhone via [Media] > [Source] > [Bluetooth] i saw both my iPhone (called iPhone) and another device called "John's iPhone".

Please note that this is a list of devices that were already paired to my car. So we're not talking about scanning the area for devices to pair with. This "John's iPhone" was apparently paired to my car earlier.

Last time i was in the car this device was not listed or paired.

How the heck did "John's iPhone" pair with my car while i was not in the car?

Anyone else with the same experience?

·
Registered
2011 Jetta Sportwagen S 2.5L; 2021 Hyundai KONA SEL
314 Posts
I'm completely // when it comes to iPhone/Apple devices, but the principle should be identical to Android devices.
No head unit gets paired up with the phone unless you confirm the code randomly generated during the initial pairing process.
Have you performed any maintenance/service at the dealership recently?
(What flag is that, Netherlands?)
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! When i drove that car last time the pairing wasn't there and it hasn't been to the dealership/maintenance/garage in between.

That's why i'm so baffled about the pairing. It's just not something that can happen on accident.

Nobody accidentally goes into the menu, presses Media > Source > Pair new device waits for devices to show up selects that device.

Even if somebody would do that, another person with "John's iPhone" would also need to accidentally be looking for Bluetooth devices AND select the car AND confirm the pin.

Lol?

Dutch flag BTW. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2008 Jetta Wolfsburg, 2009 CC Lux, 2017 CC R-Line
116 Posts
Thanks! When i drove that car last time the pairing wasn't there and it hasn't been to the dealership/maintenance/garage in between.

That's why i'm so baffled about the pairing. It's just not something that can happen on accident.

Nobody accidentally goes into the menu, presses Media > Source > Pair new device waits for devices to show up selects that device.

Even if somebody would do that, another person with "John's iPhone" would also need to accidentally be looking for Bluetooth devices AND select the car AND confirm the pin.
Does anyone else have access to the car? Spouse? Kids? Parents?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts