VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so *i think* i will be getting a ticket for passing a school bus while the lights are flashing but i gots some questions
it says unlawful to pass when the RED lights are flashing. The red lights weren't flashing, only the amber lights, AND the stop sign on the driver side, was still folded in when i passed.
do you guys believe am getting a ticket for that and get fined $327 in the mail??
does the school bus driver report the license plate or is the bus equiped with cameras or something like that?

·
Registered
49,912 Posts
from recollection I'm pretty sure you only need to stop when the lights are red or the stop sign is out.. this includes people going the other direction unless it's a divided road (ie. with a center turn lane, barrier, etc.) or a road with 4 lanes or more.
I'd double check if I were you though.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Re: (rootrider)

Quote, originally posted by rootrider »
from recollection I'm pretty sure you only need to stop when the lights are red or the stop sign is out.. this includes people going the other direction unless it's a divided road (ie. with a center turn lane, barrier, etc.) or a road with 4 lanes or more.
I'd double check if I were you though.

Your right Joel. Doesn't sound like the law was broken.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (RynoA3)

Quote, originally posted by RynoA3 »
Why didnt you stop?

i was thinking about getting cheapo Vmaxx suspension at that time and also about a gurl
i guess u guys are right, the flashing amber lights could be be a warning to get ready to stop like the amber lights on stop lights. never really thought of that

·
Registered
16,076 Posts
I had something similar happen. Actually, it was so gash darn retarded people will think I'm making it up:
I was going around a corner, coming the other way bus had JUST stopped as I reach it's front end, and turned on the yellow lights. As I get done passing it, the bastard honks flips on the red lights really quick and flips out the stop sign... As I'm already well passed it.
No different than a crossing guard jumping out in the middle of street after you'd passed and waving his sign around.
I got a letter in the mail saying I passed without due care or some crap.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Re: (-Khaos-)

i do believe the bus drivers do have the power to turn in drivers that do pass......and wait wait yup it's a ticket in the mail,not fair, but it is in the children's best intrest that poeple stop or slow down to see what the crazy bus drivers are going to do.u also never no when a crazy kid is going to run out from some where u didnt see, oh well good luck in court hope it all works out for u

·
Registered
14,300 Posts
Re: (90dub)

Quote, originally posted by 90dub »
but it is in the children's best intrest that poeple stop or slow down to see what the crazy bus drivers are going to do.u also never no when a crazy kid is going to run out from some where u didnt see, oh well good luck in court hope it all works out for u

Yup whenever you see a School bus please stop kids are retarded.
Coming from a person who drives a bus I'm gonna go out on a limb here and call you a dumbass.
Quote, originally posted by PrixXxiE »
am just wandering because everyone else stopped, i was like the only one that passed

Everybody else was stopped as you said but some cooch and some cheapo suspension made you take the risk of life in prison for killing one or more kids.
Dumbass.
sure pass a city or county transit bus but never ever a school bus dumbass!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Re: (vw dan)

Quote, originally posted by vw dan »
you are going to jail.

Lol
Yeah, usually when a bunch of cars stop behind a school bus that has flashing lights, you should probably stop. For future reference. I don't know about you getting a ticket though. Guess it depends on what flashing yellow lights means, lol heck if I know.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
like i said my mind was wanderin... and wasnt on full alert . Everyone behind me stopped because they were like 10or15 meters behind me. but i guess ill know in a few days if their gonna bite 327 off me.
kktnxbye g'night

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Re: (babydaddy)

it is only illegal to pass when the red lights are on...hence the stickers all over the bus that say "Unlawful to Pass When Red Lights Flash" ambers do not mean you have to stop, they generally mean the bus is slowing and about to turn on the redlights but not always, you did nothing wrong by driving past the bus unlike what others think

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.