VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had alot of problems with my boost dropping out at higher rpm's and i've been reading different things and I decided to unplug the MAF. This helped alot as the turbo spools up quicker and it holds longer in the higher rpm's (still drops down to 5 psi abruptly) but now the MIL light came on (not flashing) and not the CEl which I was expecting reading all the previous posts. Is there something I should be worried about?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Re: Unplugged MAF and got a MIL not a CEL (RQuinn19)

If you unplug the MAF, you should get a MIL(engine looking icon).
If you are dropping down to 5psi in the higher rpm, it sounds like limp mode.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but why would me unplugging it delay the limp mode?
My main problem is that at the track I've run a 14.41 at 92 and I think the reason for such a low trap is that right at the end I hit limp and it feels like I put on the brakes.

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: Unplugged MAF and got a MIL not a CEL (RQuinn19)

MIL and CEL are the same thing. People refer to the Malfunction Indicator Light as a Check Engine Light all the time.
Just a guess but with your GIAC chip, MBC, and H N75 you are overboosting like crazy. So when you exceed spec boost your car closes the throttle body and reduces boost.

Modified by MRP2001GTi at 12:27 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only way i dont have the limp problem is if i turn the boost al the way down to around 14. I put the stock N75 back in sorry i should've updated my sig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts