VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2009 Maxima might be the nail in the coffin regarding my feelings for Infiniti, look at it’s Infiniti inspired hood and exact same vent stack and said ‘Infiniti controller’ I really don’t like the direction the Parent Company is going with by infusing Nissan models with Infiniti interior/exterior cues. So does it just come down to for the most part that Infiniti’s are RWD and Nissans primarily FWD. Is the hood on the 2009 Maxima interchangeable with the G35 Sedan’s? Cheap leather seats that don’t wear well, I’m on the verge of writing Infiniti off my list of favorite brands

What’s the difference between the Nissan Maxima interior and G35?
What Nissan is doing now reminds me too much of what happened when the distinctive J30 was released only to have the 1st Altima debut that strongly resembled it.
If this is the route Nissan is taking with both brands there is no need for a proper Q45 replacement, it may end up looking like an oversized Sentra

Any body see F50 Q45 in the 2009 Maxima's front fasia?
So what happens as in Infiniti when you're at an Auto Show trying to convince some one about Infiniti over Nissan?
Buddy1: The Infiniti is the luxury division and Nissan not so much
Buddy2: Cool
Buddy1: The Infiniti's have the 'Infiniti Controller' knob and power wave hood
***After the two buddies look at both Nissan/Infiniti exhibits
Buddy2: Wait, which one was which?

· Banned
20,099 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (InfinitiG)

Quote, originally posted by InfinitiG »
And a lot of Toyota/Lexus models as well.

Toyota/Lexus has CLEARLY done the best job differentiating the 2 brands and today, they have never been more seperate.
Do they share similarities sometimes. Yes. However compared to Acura/Infiniti, they are much more seperate.

· Registered
2022 Subaru WRX Limited
25,198 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (DoubleNaught)

So the Maxima has a few similarities to some Infinitis. Big deal.
You'd have to be blind to confuse the two.
Quote »
If this is the route Nissan is taking with both brands there is no need for a proper Q45 replacement, it may end up looking like an oversized Sentra

...And you're being just plain ridiculous here.

· Registered
60,786 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (DoubleNaught)

Totally different cars. The Infiniti has an analog clock.

· Registered
2,974 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (Ark6)

The point is that Acura, Infiniti and Lexus are all made pretty much just for NA. They don't have those brands in Japan because we can't distinguish between a base and top of the line car
So they take the same car, put a differen't badge on it and sell it to us (for most of them anyways)

· Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
18,972 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (1SICKLEX)

Quote, originally posted by 1SICKLEX »

Toyota/Lexus has CLEARLY done the best job differentiating the 2 brands and today, they have never been more seperate.
Do they share similarities sometimes. Yes. However compared to Acura/Infiniti, they are much more seperate.

Unless you look at the US Lexus models that are sold in Japan as Toyotas. Same deal for Nissan - no Infiniti in Japan, G35 = Skyline (not GTR) etc.

· Registered
14,315 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (xgarage)

Quote, originally posted by xgarage »
Saab and Subaru?

Other than a little sheet metal, they are the same car (Impreza, 9-2X). Not at all a similar setup to Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti etc.

· Registered
663 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (Golfotron)

Quote, originally posted by Golfotron »
The point is that Acura, Infiniti and Lexus are all made pretty much just for NA. They don't have those brands in Japan because we can't distinguish between a base and top of the line car
So they take the same car, put a differen't badge on it and sell it to us (for most of them anyways)

Lexus is in Europe and Japan, that line of thinking doesn't apply to them anymore.
Infiniti is rolling out in Europe this year as well. And I believe both Acura and Infiniti have plans to launch in Japan.

· Banned
20,099 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (Golfotron)

Quote, originally posted by Golfotron »

You cannot bunch Lexus with the other 2 as they are Teir I and have been worldwide since 1989.
It is very clear Toyota/Lexus management is visionary and focused and understands the need to differentiate the two brands.
Take for example the 1995 LandCruiser/LX 450. Very simple rebadge.
In 2008, the interiors are totally different, the sheetmetal is different and the LX has things the LC does not. Will people say they resemble one another? Sure! But they have tried to change things.
In contrast, Acura managment seems to be about making boasts in press releases that hold no water. Infiniti has done better and is now launched in Europe but their management still cannot be counted on to make good decisions time and time again.
As for the new Maxima, I really like its looks so far and the interior is much better than last. However, it does seem WAAAAAY to similar to an Infiniti interior. As for the exterior, they all look very similar to me and they HAVE to, Infiniti's are sold as Nissans in Japan.

· Banned
20,099 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (MEIN_VW)

Quote, originally posted by MEIN_VW »

Unless you look at the US Lexus models that are sold in Japan as Toyotas. Same deal for Nissan - no Infiniti in Japan, G35 = Skyline (not GTR) etc.

Sigh...Lexus was launched worldwide in 1989. No dealer network in Japan, they were rebadged as Toyotas there.
Fast Forward to 2006 and now Lexus has launched in Japan.

· Registered
12,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (VarianceVQ)

Quote, originally posted by VarianceVQ »
So the Maxima has a few similarities to some Infinitis. Big deal.
You'd have to be blind to confuse the two.
...And you're being just plain ridiculous here.

I am focusing more of my frustrations on the interior and don't tell me you don't see it
Of course it won't look like a Sentra but Infiniti has more try to get the Q45 right http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Re: Unreal: Nissan are you guys [email protected]#$ing serious about Infiniti or what! (gtivr4)

Quote, originally posted by gtivr4 »

Other than a little sheet metal, they are the same car (Impreza, 9-2X). Not at all a similar setup to Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti etc.

X2 - the 9-2 was at best a rebadged Impreza - and Saab and Subaru are not the same company.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.