VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Its a decent car. The performance in a straight line is kinda slow, but I've seen quite a few corrados get aced by some lightly modded highlines in autoX. Right now its leaking from the rear main seal... blech.. I was going to do a 2.4 liter swap from a stratus with some performance mods (I'd be in the 13s) but... I figured screw that. The neons real fault is its QUALITY. My interior is a hell hole of rattles and ill fitting parts and cheap plastic. BLECH.
Here's a better shot of my anti-rice windshield banner:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Re: Until I get a Corrado, here's what I drive (Ca$h)

Hahaha, sorry, I can't say I like the car, but at least its tastefully modded with good parts. I just think the windshield sticker is hilarious. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Until I get a Corrado, here's what I drive (AndrewT)

Heh. Thanks man. I've got almost zero mods if anyone cares:
16" tsw Trophies with Yokohama A550s
KYB Gr2 struts
Polished hollow aluminum strut brace, front and back
Rex FMM inserts
DOHC Exhaust
Enough to ace most hondas. >shrug<
I hate rice. I can't wait to get an SLC. >
HEhehEHe
- Ca$h

·
Registered
3,681 Posts

LOL!! that banner is great. i'm sure you read up around here, but don't let some of the cranky peeps scare you away. almost welcome to the dark side.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Until I get a Corrado, here's what I drive (ToddOne)

Meh. I won't. I dig automobiles, as long as they arent vanilla boring POS cars like... well. I'll list the cars I hate:
Any Camaro or Mustang (excluding Mach1 and Boss mustangs)
1970 Chevelle (especially hugger orange with black stripes)
Any honda civic (lemming)
Any Acura Integra (lemming)
Any Corvette (midlife crisis lemming)
and R*CE BOYSs.
Actually. Wait. I like R*CE-BOYS. They're fun to embarass. Just the other night some AZN dude in his lowered new honda accord coupe (17" rims, blue lighting, fart tip, altezzas, vtec stickers on the side doors) was driving around with his AZN girlie. I caught him at a stoplight and he was annhilated. Hehe. Cookign rice rules.
- Ca$h
Edit: Wtf I cant say rice boys?

[Modified by Ca$h, 5:53 PM 2-8-2002]

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
Re: Until I get a Corrado, here's what I drive (ToddOne)

That banner rules!! LOL!! You know that faux boser-blick even looks decent on your neon.

My banner says dubwerks to represent the guy who did my swap at shows and I've got a VWEnthusaist.com banner on my back window to promote my website.

·
Registered
MTA F Train
6,573 Posts
Re: Until I get a Corrado, here's what I drive (AndrewT)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hahaha, sorry, I can't say I like the car, but at least its tastefully modded with good parts. I just think the windshield sticker is hilarious. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
agreed.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Re: Until I get a Corrado, here's what I drive (vapor)

You can get that car into the 13's easier with a turbo v.s a motor transplant, and save yourself all that labor and weight.
I belive their stage III turbo for that car is like $3,500 and will easily put you into the 13's.
You are right thought, they handle like noones business!

·
Registered
392 Posts

Those cars are geared well for the 1/8 mile. There's one around here running high 9's with just a header and intake. They fall on there face after that though.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Reason for 2.4 swap: Torque.
I love v8s (my other car is a 68 Dodge Charger) and a 2.4 would provide the rubber melting torque I desire at ANY rpm. A turbo is only good for high RPM, and the fact that in order to change my rear main seal (which is leaking) I'd have to remove both axles, drop tranny, remove clutch, flywheel and take out 3 of 4 motormounts to get to it. So. 2.4 wouldnt be much extra work.
Also, Neons dont fall flat on their faces at all. The DOHC is quite a competent lil engine.
- Ca$h

·
Registered
392 Posts

Sorry, it just seems like every neon I've raced has been a decent race until about 60-70. Then they just seem to "fall on their face". I've raced 3 different ones around here, all of them modded in some way, all with the same result.
Maybe its just that Corrado 3rd gear.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: Until I get a Corrado, here's what I drive (RussSLC)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Maybe its just that Corrado 3rd gear.
[HR][/HR]​
Yep, the Corrado 3rd gear is the stake through the heart of most ricers. I've taken down many Hondas and other misc. rice, and its over when I get to 3rd gear. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Until I get a Corrado, here's what I drive (RussSLC)

>shrug<
I guess. But you're in a corrado. Euro cars are sorta made for top end shiznit.

But while they may fall on their face relative to a VR6, they annhilate other compacts pretty easy. Heh.
- Ca$h

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.