VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Re: Unveiled - Lamborghini Gallardo. (some9one)

those lines are beautiful... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
516 Posts
Re: Unveiled - Lamborghini Gallardo. (Neo)

The rear diff cover (grey thing in back) should be plained black. It looks too similar to the Murcielago. I hate when car companies try too hard to tie their products together by sharing too many design elements (MB for example) An exotic car should look like no other regardless of manufacturer. Ferrari does a pretty good job of this....no baby Enzo's thankfully!

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Re: Unveiled - Lamborghini Gallardo. (daveg243)

quote:[HR][/HR]It looks too similar to the Murcielago. I hate when car companies try too hard to tie their products together by sharing too many design elements (MB for example) An exotic car should look like no other regardless of manufacturer. Ferrari does a pretty good job of this....no baby Enzo's thankfully![HR][/HR]​
And I will call him: mini-me.....

I still think that they should've produced this:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Re: Unveiled - Lamborghini Gallardo. (MartijnGizmo)

You know, I've never like the Cala much but my initial reaction to these photos is definitely not positive.
I need to see how the curved and edged surfaces meet in person.
This is still the most attractive part to me:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Re: Unveiled - Lamborghini Gallardo. (_RevLimit_)

quote:[HR][/HR]
LAMBORGHINI
The Gallardo, the new "baby" Lamborghini previously known as project L140, will be unveiled. The aluminum-bodied two-seat coupe will compete with the Ferrari 360 Modena and the Porsche GT2. The price will be around e120,000 plus tax in Europe. The Gallardo has a rear, longitudinally mounted engine coupled with permanent four-wheel drive and electronic stability control. It is powered by an all-new, 500hp, 5.0-liter, 40-valve V-10 engine mated with a new six-speed manual gearbox. The gearbox is mounted longitudinally behind the engine and will be offered with traditional manual command or in a sequential version with paddles behind the steering wheel. This system is Magneti Marelli's Selespeed and was renamed "e-gear" by Lamborghini.
The Gallardo is the first Lamborghini designed by Italdesign, though not by Giorgetto Giugiaro. Instead, Giorgetto's son Fabrizio gets credit for his first production sports car. The Gallardo has traditional doors, hinged at the base of the A-pillar, and not the typical scissors doors of such big Lambos as the Countach, Diablo and Murcielago. Production will be 800-850 units this year and 1,300 in 2004. Installed capacity is six units a day or 1,320 per year. But that could rise to eight units a day if needed, or almost 1,800 units a year.
In keeping with company tradition, the name of the car derives from a fighting bull breed. The Gallardo breed was established in Spain in the 18th century by Antonio Gallardo and was later bought by Don Antonio Miura, the same Miura used by Ferruccio Lamborghini to name his most famous sports car.
Talking points:

Do not look for the striking roadster version of the Murcielago in Geneva. The roadster was unveiled at the Detroit auto show in January as concept car. Lamborghini won't take it to Switzerland so as not to overshadow the Gallardo.

What type of vehicle will Lamborghini's third product be? An internal debate is ongoing. The most likely solution is an extreme sport-utility to rival the Porsche Cayenne. The idea of a four-seat coupe seems to have lost ground. [HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: Unveiled - Lamborghini Gallardo. (_RevLimit_)

That grey piece looks sort of like the gearbox but it's not the smae in both pics. the 3/4 rear and straight on rear shot show it tilted at opposite angles.

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: Unveiled - Lamborghini Gallardo. (daveg243)

quote:[HR][/HR] Ferrari does a pretty good job of this....no baby Enzo's thankfully![HR][/HR]​
but you can pick up an electric Baby Enzo at any appliance store:

obin

·
Registered
16,793 Posts
Re: Unveiled - Lamborghini Gallardo. (Obin Robinson)

For 120,000 Euros this car is a serious bargain. I want one. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: Unveiled - Lamborghini Gallardo. (impact)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well, I certainly don't see the ferrari logo anywhere on that thing! You've been cheated. Oh and it's supposed to be red.[HR][/HR]​
they don't put the Ferrari logo on the electric ones... only the Black and Decker one

obin

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.