VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have convinced myself to go with APR DPP. However, unlike Revo’s webpage, goapr.com leaves pricing & software packages open for interpretation.
I am assuming that the DPP is $500. However, I have always seen people refer to having a 91,93, or 100 octane program? In addition, v-tune was free until the end of March. Well, March is long gone…anyone know the pricing for V-tune?
Other questions:
The only modification I have done is ABD’s FMIC. I was hoping to do an exhaust, N75, & DV before I got chipped. I really want Milltek’s TB, but cannot justify spending $1,200. Would you recommend doing the Cat-back for $600 or going the cheaper route of GHL’s TB for $900’ish.
Bottom line I think I should have the exhaust in place before I chip. So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: Upcoming Purchase: APR DPP…?’s on pricing, v-tune, etc. (GTI*337)

You don't need the exhaust before the chip at all. But if that's your choice, skip the uber expensive Miltek and go with a proven winner, the GHL system for less money.
As for APR's pricing, you have to pay for each additional program. The DPP for performance mode is $500, then add more for each other mode. I believe they extended V Tune's free period as well. They do have a phone number you could call if you're still confused.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: Upcoming Purchase: APR DPP…?’s on pricing, v-tune, etc. (GTI*337)

I noticed you are from CT. You should check out Watefest on a good deal to get chipped from APR and other vendors. I'm not sure what part of CT you are from and all, but if you were looking into getting an exhaust and all that other stuff, you could probably get a good deal on all of that at Waterfest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts