VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in the last two months i have :
Pulled the engine, transmission and cooling system.
Removed the pin stripe.
I am happy to announce that with a help guiding it, i can now empty the engine bay of all wiring, cooling and the complete engine/tranny in well under an hour.

That is all.

·
Premium Member
22,008 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Re: Update on my car : (the brit)

Quote, originally posted by the brit »

I am happy to announce that with a help guiding it, i can now empty the engine bay of all wiring, cooling and the complete engine/tranny in well under an hour.

I can install clear corner markers in about an hour. By myself. With only one trip to the parts store.
Well, two. OK, three.

·
Premium Member
22,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Update on my car : (TsPerformance)

Quote, originally posted by TsPerformance »
I tried to remove my pinstrip but it went to hell how did you remove yours?

How did you screw it up ?! With the fox i simply picked and peeled. When i used to do it properley while detailing i would heat it slightly so all the glue came off too - don't do it when it's freezing cold as fox paint isn't exactly high quality, haha!

Quote, originally posted by 93wolfsburg »

Jamie whats the plan man? you were selling the carbs are you plannin on using FI?

Just pushing the bar a little higher

Quote, originally posted by voxwagon88 »

I can install clear corner markers in about an hour. By myself. With only one trip to the parts store.
Well, two. OK, three.

ROTFLMFAO !

Modified by the brit at 2:54 PM 9-23-2004

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

...I am happy to announce that with a help guiding it, i can now empty the engine bay of all wiring, cooling and the complete engine/tranny in well under an hour.

If you shave another 45 minutes off that time, then you'd be about as fast as the folks competing in the engine pulls at the Bug-Ins years ago used to do it. Oh, but that included putting it back in too.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Bug engines are much easier, including the complete cooling system automatically comes out with the motor. And those 15 minute engine R&Rs did not include the transmission.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

Just pushing the bar a little higher

woops! That's a secret right there.
.....maybe it's time for another "Ok kids, where are u at this point " tread, hehe!

·
Premium Member
22,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Update on my car : (FOXisVW2)

Quote, originally posted by FOXisVW2 »

If you shave another 45 minutes off that time, then you'd be about as fast as the folks competing in the engine pulls at the Bug-Ins years ago used to do it. Oh, but that included putting it back in too.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Bug engines are much easier, including the complete cooling system automatically comes out with the motor. And those 15 minute engine R&Rs did not include the transmission.

If i ditched the coolant all over the floor and didn't care about scatching the bodywork it'd be out in literally 5 minutes, haha. Don't know of what use that is, but well, yeah.

·
Premium Member
22,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Update on my car : (Fox-N-It)

Quote, originally posted by Fox-N-It »

2 months....we did it a less than a week ago

Exactly, i'm not exactly spending much time on the project, haha.

·
Premium Member
22,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Update on my car : (efritsch)

I don't bother with that anymore - it's possible to pull the complete motor and tranny out of the top of the engine bay
It's tight, but quite easily doable http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
74 Posts
Re: Update on my car : (voxwagen88)

Quote, originally posted by voxwagen88 »

Well, two. OK, three.

how did you go about making the clear corners? i live close to a parts store, so i could make two or three trips like nobodies business!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.