VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics from the other day doing timing belt and water pump.
^why i would recommend upgrading to a metal impeller water pump
^ yes i know the bumper is broke did that gettin out of the driveway without reverse.
will be fixed next week and bumper shaved up to show more intercooler.

Hope you guys enjoy im clay baring it today after work then will have more pics. cuz the rims and car is dusty after bein in the garage for a week.

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
Re: Updated pics hope you like them. let me know what u think :D (Will303)

car looks good man, i would change the tail lights if I were you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
FV-QR

looks good.. mind i suggest a cheap lil mod? the breather filter would look much cleaner if you did what i did.. just saying other than that looks sexyy
said mod:
::::::: Mod Name: SAI Breather filter
::::::: Why Worth It: Looks a lot nicer cleans up the bay a little
::::::: Cost: 10 bucks at pep boys and some electrical tape
::::::: Where to buy: PEP boys
::::::: Time required: 10-15min
::::::: Difficulty: Easy
::::::: DIY:
Step 1: remove covers and unbolt the sai harness thing from the intake manifold..
Step 2: unbolt the sai line from the middle bolt holding it to the bracket
Step 3: cut the sai with a box cutter where it is FLAT not where the hose is ribbed
Step 4: wrap electrical tape around the rubber part of the breather to give it "thickness"
Step 5: shove it in the sai hole .. if too loose wrap more tape.. if it wont go in take some tape off
Step 6: bolt the bracket back to the intake manifold and DONE

Modified by Tofik at 1:03 AM 4-15-2010

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (rapyoke)

yea im not sure about the hood thats just how it fits the bumper is on correctly but doesn't line up 100% bc of my fmic is so big piping holds it from lining up but im not sure about the hood fitment i think its because of how the grille makes it look it didnt look bad when i had the stock grille on. anyone know if the hood latch is adjustable cuz it looks like it should come down a little more

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea im gona work on getting that front fixed to line up i just havent had time yet with it. and timing belt and water pump took me 8 hours. and i had help. its pretty easy and strait forward. only problem on the hole project was the motor mount.. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2840728 is the thing i used to review. but step 16 is the one that blows because of the PITA motor mount that hangs in the way.... that one step took 4 attempts of taking it out and back in and 3 hours. besides that it was pretty easy and fun. just a tedious job. make sure all your **** is correct.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Updated pics hope you like them. let me know what u think :D (DUBgoon)

thnks guys ive been putting like 3 hours a day since ive owned it just making sure everything is perfect on it and always doin parts and **** ive lost track of what i have comming in the mail LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.