VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Passat Sel Premium Vr6
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not asking for it. I just simply stated I’d appreciate it and it would help. I’m gonna do these mods whether I get them or not…
Sorry dude wasn’t trying to offend anyone just looking for Passat enthusiast like myself. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”. I’m 24 year old living in SD! Living isn’t cheap out here. You go on to any YouTube channel about a build and they do the same thing. I’m just trying to find support for my build 🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
Current - 17 Passat SEL Past - 02 337, 04 r32, 11 CC, 11 GTI, 16 Passat S
537 Posts
You have a really nice, perfectly working car and you listed 10k in mods you want to do and your GoFund me page has a tone like you want people to feel bad for you because the parts are expensive and it hard for you to afford. Quite frankly it is offensive and should be removed.

Now if a company wants to sponsor you and pay for your mods in order to advertise/market their services or products that’a another thing all together.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have a really nice, perfectly working car and you listed 10k in mods you want to do and your GoFund me page has a tone like you want people to feel bad for you because the parts are expensive and it hard for you to afford. Quite frankly it is offensive and should be removed.

Now if a company wants to sponsor you and pay for your mods in order to advertise/market their services or products that’a another thing all together.
Thank you for the compliments but a simple “No” and moving on to another post would suffice. Idk who hurt you but try and smile for once lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's some big $$$ to spend on "unique".
Consider this a hobby only. Dropping these parts onto this platform is not going to attract sponsorship.
I honestly appreciate the positive feedback! Always looking for information and knowledge in these regards. I don’t as much want to pick up a sponsorship but I want to prove this playform is capable!! It has a lot of doubters. Besides look at the R36! It’s still a Passat 😅

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
who hurt you but try and smile for once
Male Karen
Well Johnotis, looks like we're the real MF'ers for pointing out begging for change to support a luxury "want" item is odd. You know, during a time that some people have been genuinely impacted by the loss of a job, a death in the family, etc, it is pretty amazing to see someone online begging for money to support a luxury parts build to "gain attention". That's no different than a woman who has bought a Louis Vuitton purse begging people to give her money to make the pain of already buying the purse hurt less. But, in return they get the privilege of watching her wear the purse.

In the interest of not giving clout to a thread that should of never existed, I'm out. Best wishes with this train wreck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This car has been around for a while & all those mods have been done before, so while it will be nice (albeit expensive)....it won't be anything ground breaking or new

That said....before you drop all that money, are you sure you bought the right car?
Because in the end, as you said:
Touché good sir. Those are all valid points. This is definitely something I’m going to have to think on now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The mods sound great, but let me ask you this, will they get the car were you want it to be? In other words, what's your vision of the car when the project is complete?
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

going for this appearance wise but I know the power is kinda capped. So I really want to improve the handling. Just trying to go for a sleeper I guess

1 - 20 of 40 Posts