VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a first time VW owner and i just picked myself up a 20th anniversary in black and i love it. no. 1463
anyways...would any of you be able to give me some helpful hints/tips to see what kind of upgrades are available for my car and where can i go to get them without voiding the warranty. later i'm sure i'll put in a chip but for now i don't want to void the warranty.
well let me know....
thanks.

· Registered
1,422 Posts
Re: upgrades/modification that don't void the warranty (shotofgmplease)

Depends on dealerships, talk to them first or ask people on here about certain dealreships. Some won't care and some will try to void it based on anything they can.

· Registered
12,605 Posts

Modifications ONLY void the warranty of what has been modified. If a dealer tries to tell you otherwise call them on it. It is AGAINST THE LAW to void you whole warranty because of modification.
A dealer/manufacturer must PROVE THAT THE MODIFICATION CAUSED THE FAILURE if they want to avoid fixing it under warranty.
For instance, if you chip your car and the window regulator goes, they MUST fix it under warranty because because there is no way the chip was a direct cause of the failure.
However, if you chip your engine and you have an engine related problem, they can avoid warranty repair IF they can prove the chip caused it. This is where it gets tricky becuase proving a chip caused a problem is hard, but that is the law.
Again, if you had a very mild chip, such as a neuspeed or something and you threw a rod, then they would have a hard time proving the chip caused it.
However, if the ecu fried they could say the chip caused that failure.
Likewise if you lower your car and put wheels on it, but you have an airbag light go on, that is again something that connot be denied. If you have a wheel bearing go, they can argue an improper offset wheel and altered suspension geometry caused that failure.
So mod wisely, know your rights, and if you have a mod that hurts something suck it up, admit it and pay to play. Dont try to make VW and the dealer pay for something that is not their fault. But if it is thier fault, stand up for your rights to have them be accountable.

· Registered
125 Posts

also I would like to mention i drove this car....it's fast....very very fast. This....I like....him...I do not.....only cause this guy gets really hot girls almost everyday.....
hey vic.....corn hunting time with the ladies?

· Banned
726 Posts
Re: (16v200hp16v)

Quote, originally posted by 16v200hp16v »
I cant help it when you smell like flowers...stop being so fresh.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
you guys crack me up...silly rabbit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.